PDA

View Full Version : Google Toolbar - Bookmarks

convergent
10-27-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm a Google Toolbar junkie, I admit it. I love Google Desktop. I love the PageRank Meter in the toolbar for monitoring website growth. I do 99.9% of my searching with Google.

Well, somehow I missed a feature of the toolbar until yesterday... Google Bookmarks. I use 3+ computers daily, and one of the things that always drives me crazy is bookmarking something, then discovering that I'm on a different computer with different bookmarks. I stumbled onto Google Bookmarks yesterday, and it is the missing link.

Google Bookmarks is tied to your Google ID, and so you can access them from anywhere. Better still, if I have the Google Toolbar on all my computers, then they all share the same list of Google Bookmarks. Beyond that huge convenience, I actually like the way Google works better for maintaining bookmarks, vs. Internet Explorer. Now I have the same bookmarks available on all my computers, and regardless of which browser I'm using.

Check it out!

stoneylonesome
10-28-2006, 11:31 AM
WOW! thanks for the tip, I'm a google gawker myself and I never knew of this feature.

convergent
10-30-2006, 08:24 AM
Yep.. I have no combined all the bookmarks from my work PC, my studio/office PC, my home computer, and the couple of laptops that I use. Now I just need to go through and organize them all and I've got a killer set of bookmarks. And the cool part, is that I can access them from anywhere... even on PCs that don't have Google Toolbar on them. Its like your own private link page that is integrated into your browser.