PDA

View Full Version : Royal guard

blairblaiss
10-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Here's another 'travel' photo, from my May, 2006 visit to Stockholm, Sweden. As always, comments/critique most welcome.

zacker
10-14-2006, 07:20 AM
very nice... If it were mine though, I think id do a crop along the top to either just at the roofline or just above the window only because the guard is obviously the point of interest and there is so little of the roff line anyway its just acting as a distraction. Do you have any of the guard as more of a close up? if not, a really agressive crop so the guard is in more of the frame would also look really good. its a good shot though...

blairblaiss
10-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi, zacker. Thanks for your response.

I can already tell, that you pay a lot of attention to cropping. Just like I do. After all, that is one of the major compositional tasks...

I got to assure you that I tried several different variations of cropping for this particular shot. None of them satisfied me in regard to the upper portion of the image. I think it's due to these particular lines in the roof and the gutter that don't play nice with the vast wall and window. On the other hand, when I've cropped off the entire roof area, I've lost some of the important architectonic context. Perhaps, if I'd straighten those roof lines in Photoshop, I could get a bit more order to the composition?

zacker
10-14-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah, it might... I guess it really matters as to what you want the viewer too look at the longest. I figured the guard was the center of interest so thats why i said to crop a bit tighter around him.. its a nice shot though.. looks like a really cool place.