PDA

View Full Version : EXIF data?

epatsellis
10-04-2006, 03:16 AM
Silly question,
but what about those of us who still shoot film???? I keep trying to put a memory card in my F3's, F4 and my RB67s, as well as my 4x5 and 8x10 cameras, but they never seem to work.....

erie

Orgnoi1
10-04-2006, 07:10 AM
If you are shooting film just include what you do remember... obviously we wouldnt hold you to it... its more for the reasoning that contests are normally ruled to be taken during the month of the contest. Its also for educational purposes for the people that are learning...

zacker
10-04-2006, 07:14 AM
you have to sorta cram it in behind the lens for it to work...:)
J/K

You have to buy "Memory film" its got a recording data chip in it that records the exif data... after shooting but before developing, you just plug it into a fire wire or USB2 and down load all the exif data, its numbered 1 to however many shots are on the roll..then when the film is processed there is a small number on the back side.. it works rather well but its a bit pricy.

Now, is anyone looking to buy any land in Florida? got some great deals on 1/2 acre lots in extreme south FL.
lol.lol,lol,lol...

Orgnoi1
10-04-2006, 07:16 AM
you have to sorta cram it in behind the lens for it to work...:)
J/K

You have to buy "Memory film" its got a recording data chip in it that records the exif data... after shooting but before developing, you just plug it into a fire wire or USB2 and down load all the exif data, its numbered 1 to however many shots are on the roll..then when the film is processed there is a small number on the back side.. it works rather well but its a bit pricy.

Now, is anyone looking to buy any land in Florida? got some great deals on 1/2 acre lots in extreme south FL.
lol.lol,lol,lol...

See what you get for being a smart@$$? Canons 1V actually DOES record data and you can send it to the computer via a cable...LOL

zacker
10-04-2006, 07:19 AM
See what you get for being a smart@$$? Canons 1V actually DOES record data and you can send it to the computer via a cable...LOL

:eek: :eek:

lol... yeah but not on the rol of film... :D

Hey, who wants to invent it with me? any takers????

CruzinGirl
10-04-2006, 10:10 AM
oh man, if only I could remember all the setttings for how I took some of the pics I've shot with film! If you really want to remember, what about carrying a little notebook with you and jotting down your settings? It all depends on what kind of shooting you are doing whether this would be convient or not.

TomNanos
10-04-2006, 03:16 PM
:eek: :eek:

lol... yeah but not on the rol of film... :D

Hey, who wants to invent it with me? any takers????
Sure it does - it imprints an ID number between the frames with a roll ID that corresponds to the information held in the camera's memory. Then you'll know exactly which frame was shot with which settings....see, Canon thinks of everything... ;) :D

zacker
10-04-2006, 03:34 PM
geeze, you guys are ruining everything......

bunch of ruiners! :lmao :lmao

CruzinGirl
10-04-2006, 04:15 PM
lol....gotta love us :)

epatsellis
10-04-2006, 06:21 PM
the sad thing is, I remember exposure data, even going back months or years, yet my wifes b/day is in a month that ends in "y" is as close as I can remember, and it took me 5 months to remember the phone number here...

erie

zacker
10-04-2006, 07:15 PM
oh i hear dat! Shhhhhhh... I keep a card in my wallet with my wifes b-day and ( it gets much worse here) our wedding anniversary!! Dont tell!

CruzinGirl
10-05-2006, 08:13 AM
lol...the truth is out now!!! I'm not too good about remembering data....more what camera I took it with than anything.

epatsellis
10-07-2006, 02:58 AM
She must have been thinking the same thing, the same night I posted this, I get an email reminding me that it's only 8 days til her b'day.

erie

CruzinGirl
10-10-2006, 10:54 AM
At least she gave you over a week to shop so you weren't scrambling!!! lol...might I suggest a Canon S3 IS? I love mine :)

epatsellis
10-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I would, but just about 3 or 4 weeks ago I bought her an S2 IS as I couldn't find the Kodak camera she played with and liked (8500 or something). Of course I also happened to buy a 50mm lens for my RB.....

erie

CruzinGirl
10-10-2006, 11:51 AM
lol...good man, bribe her with her own equipment so she doesn't complain about you buying yours, lol j/k