PDA

View Full Version : Lets Make Plans for a Group Meet October 14/15th

Orgnoi1
10-01-2006, 09:45 AM
I would really like to get a nice get together going for the weekend of October 14/15th (one or both days)... so I would like suggestions as to what we can do or meet... everyone would be welcome to come and participate!!!

My first idea would be to go to Berkshire Scenic for a ride since about that time the leaves would be in peak colors... and who doesnt like a nice train ride.... post up and we can put this together... I would really like to see as many people as possible participate... kinda put a nice closer meet to the years shooting...

trolleycar
10-01-2006, 04:37 PM
That sounds like a good idear. Count me in. I think I can both days, if I can get one of my frends to feed my two dogs. If not I will have round trip it
both days. The location of the Berkshire Scenic is good as it is only one and half hours from home. That is an EZ trip. Keep us up to speed about the plans.

Bob C.

TomNanos
10-01-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm gonna have to miss this one. 14th is my youngest daughter's 2nd birthday party. 15th I've got a photo shoot in Storrs. Oh, well...

ZR2Blazer
10-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Lynn & I will be out as well.......we are leaving on the 11-12th for Florida and won't be back until around the 23rd :happy :happy

CruzinGirl
10-04-2006, 09:01 AM
I can do the 14th, but I don't know how late....I may have a dinner thing to do. I have to find out.

Orgnoi1
10-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Bumping up for new members...

Orgnoi1
10-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Lets plan on Saturday at BSRM and then Sunday we can do something else if anyone else is in... I just have to see what Trish's plans are for the weekend...

CruzinGirl
10-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Lets plan on Saturday at BSRM and then Sunday we can do something else if anyone else is in... I just have to see what Trish's plans are for the weekend...

BSRM??? I feel like I"m in the military again with these acronyms!!!!:doh :D

zacker
10-06-2006, 04:28 PM
lol... BSRM.... where exactly is it?

asull85
10-06-2006, 04:35 PM
How about Guilford errr Pan Am Railways on Sunday. Somewhere between East Deerfield and North Adams or Mechanicville. The leaves should be at peak by then.

CSX4741
10-06-2006, 04:35 PM
lol... BSRM.... where exactly is it?

Its in Lennox, Mass and is pretty easy to get to from just about anywhere considering its like 10 minutes from I90.

Orgnoi1
10-06-2006, 04:41 PM
http://www.berkshirescenicrailroad.org/

If you have any questions on how to get there click on "Planning a Visit" on their main page..

AgandAu
10-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I might be in for something on Sunday but I have plans for Saturday, Thatcher Park is having some kind of Fall festival and I already promised I would go. Let me know if something comes together for Sunday.

Orgnoi1
10-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Sunday is really up in the air so far... but I would definately be up to doing something... gotta play with the new lenses a bit...

CruzinGirl
10-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Do we ever plan anything closer to our way???? This is quite a trip for a day trip, at least from my house.

zacker
10-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Do we ever plan anything closer to our way???? This is quite a trip for a day trip, at least from my house.

Catch a ride with someone!
:D

CruzinGirl
10-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Well that would work if I didn't want to take my mom out to dinner that night...I have the whole day free, but will probably find somthing closer to home....

Sat is my parents anniversary and my dad completely blew it off for a hunting club meeting, so I kinda have that feeling like I need to be home and not leave my mom sitting there alone all night.

Lisa
10-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Well that would work if I didn't want to take my mom out to dinner that night...I have the whole day free, but will probably find somthing closer to home....

Sat is my parents anniversary and my dad completely blew it off for a hunting club meeting, so I kinda have that feeling like I need to be home and not leave my mom sitting there alone all night.

id like to go also but id prefer something closer to home... ross.. what ever happened to all those hudson trips..thats a lil closer ey???

zacker
10-10-2006, 10:15 AM
I kinda have that feeling like I need to be home and not leave my mom sitting there alone all night.

lol give her a camera, stick mom AND T-Bone in the car and bring em with ya!! :happy

lol, I know the feeling though, can't leave Mom sitting there alone on her anniversary!

CruzinGirl
10-10-2006, 10:21 AM
lol give her a camera, stick mom AND T-Bone in the car and bring em with ya!! :happy

lol, I know the feeling though, can't leave Mom sitting there alone on her anniversary!

Nope, I try to be a good kid :)

Mom loves to look at my pics, but doesn't really hold an interest in taking them herself, lol....and T-Bone is getting a little big to fit in my saturn, lol

Orgnoi1
10-10-2006, 11:42 AM
For those that are saying closer... this is a close trip for us... its just under an hour... so less than driving to Lake George from here...

Lisa
10-10-2006, 11:48 AM
For those that are saying closer... this is a close trip for us... its just under an hour... so less than driving to Lake George from here...

anyone car pooling.... i might be interested... might be apple picking this weekend but not sure if on saturday or sunday... so let me look into that and i guess i'll get back to u guys..

CruzinGirl
10-10-2006, 11:49 AM

Maybe for you...its 30-45 minutes just for me to get to the northway/90!!!:doh

zacker
10-10-2006, 12:48 PM
crap!! its this weekend???? we got friends from Maine coming down.... unless I can trick them into a fall "foliage" ride ..lol darn it!

zacker
10-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Funny thing is, they were supposed to come down last weekend and decided not to.... well, maybe i can sneak away for 4 hoours or so!

Orgnoi1
10-12-2006, 06:08 PM
So heres the deal... I will be making it to BSRM around 9... my main reason is to shoot the yard and the new engine... and to drop off a cd for next weeks benefit... I probably wont be taking the ride unless no one else shows up... so PLEASE post up if you are coming and what time you will be there... Sunday is still open so please someone post up an idea or two... maybe a meet in NY somewheres...

zacker
10-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Well Ross, I was gonna go but now I cant, friday to sun morn, were having friends down from Maine and sunday is my father in laws birthday so Ill be up in Stamford all day. But I am definetly going to the branford trolley thing in Nov. If anyone else is gonna do that one!

zacker
10-12-2006, 06:53 PM
but on the up side, sat. there is a big car show up in New Britian at the Klingberg school.. My sisterin law works there so we may take a ride up there..maybe so I might even get to shoot some this weekend..lol

trolleycar
10-12-2006, 10:32 PM
I am not sure about Saturday at this point. I have three last minute tax returns to finish up by Monday Oct 16, the last day to file for the people who are on extension. As of this
Monday I did have any to do. By 5:00 this afternoon I had three to do. Well one good thing about them it looks like a new lens is coming soon. If I get finished by Friday night I , will be up .

I will be going to Branford on Nov 4th .
Hope to see to all on Saturday.

Bob C

Orgnoi1
10-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Bob since it looks like just you going (unless the Berkshire guys go) once you get there we can take a run over to the hill if you like...

trolleycar
10-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Ross it looks like I am not going to make it saturaday what do you mean looks like I am not going to make it.
there is not a chance in hell i will make it Two more taxes walked in the door this afternoon .
I was down to one then in walks two more. I will nail the office closed. no more!!
I was looking forward to the weekend.

Bob C