PDA

View Full Version : SimpleTech Drives - Kudos

convergent
09-29-2006, 11:53 AM
I want to give a recommendation for SimpleTech Drives... I had some take a flight this morning and they seem to be OK... much to my amazement. I got a little annoyed this morning and decided it was time to rip my phone abruptly off my desk and send it sailing... well I wasn't thinking about the fact that my phone is attached to a router (Vonage), which is attached to a switch, which is attached to a bank of SimpleTech drives... sitting about 6' up on a shelf. Well 3 of the 6 drives came off the shelf, and in once case the drive and the mirror both came off. I was sick. I figured I had just lost a lot of stuff because I lost my cool. Well, God was apparantly looking down here and catching them, because so far, so good... they are spinning and working. The mirrors are having to rebuild, but so be it. I am thinking I shouldn't just rely on the mirrors now. When I get my new drive to replace the one that was a casualty of the CD explosion, I'll start backing up all those drives to DVD. Better safe than sorry. I guess I should probably also get some battle gear... my office is starting to be like a DMZ!

CruzinGirl
09-29-2006, 12:01 PM
lol....glad to hear they are durable!!! I actually have a raincheck for two 250g external harddrives for $99 which are coincidentally SimpleTech, so its a good thing they last (I have a tendency to break things, lol).

Can I suggest throwing something that is not connected to anythign else next time though? Or maybe keep a cheap cordless phone around that you can just wing the receiver when you need that release??? :)

convergent
09-29-2006, 12:04 PM
lol....glad to hear they are durable!!! I actually have a raincheck for two 250g external harddrives for $99 which are coincidentally SimpleTech, so its a good thing they last (I have a tendency to break things, lol).

Can I suggest throwing something that is not connected to anythign else next time though? Or maybe keep a cheap cordless phone around that you can just wing the receiver when you need that release??? :)
Or better yet... stop talking on the phone long before I am ready to send it across the room. :(

If Vonage will stop playing games, I will be done with them pretty soon. Its taken nearly 2 months an counting to get them to release my phone numbers so I can switch carriers. Then my phone will be attached to the wall, not a router.

By the way, my office has been very quite this morning since my phone no longer works! :) :) :)

ATVinBarbie
09-29-2006, 03:29 PM
Or better yet... stop talking on the phone long before I am ready to send it across the room. :(

If Vonage will stop playing games, I will be done with them pretty soon. Its taken nearly 2 months an counting to get them to release my phone numbers so I can switch carriers. Then my phone will be attached to the wall, not a router.

By the way, my office has been very quite this morning since my phone no longer works! :) :) :)

I'm glad I never went with vonage..... sorry about your frustration.... but isn't it nice to NOT have the phone ringing constantly. LOL Anything important enough will come thru your cell phone. :tup

Do you have the option of Frontier out your way? I have had frontier for over 2 years and NO issues at all. And their DSL has been awesome. BETTER than road runner.

convergent
09-29-2006, 04:26 PM
No DSL available here, although I'm located smack in the middle of Albany County. Vonage service was fine, but they don't have a way to get listed in the directory which is a problem for a business line. They've just been difficult in transferring the numbers to a Verizon reseller.

ZR2Blazer
10-03-2006, 11:10 PM
We have had Vonage for about 3yrs and they have been great so far....sorry to hear about the troubles :(

convergent
10-04-2006, 12:14 AM
My troubles had nothing to do with Vonage... it was the person on the other end of the phone that was the trouble... and I should have terminated the call long before I went tilt... :)

My only issue with Vonage has been to do with directory listings, or lack there of... and now their taking almost 3 months to let go of the numbers so I can move to another carrier.

zacker
10-04-2006, 08:25 AM
mike... cordless phones are easier to throw... nothing to hold em back... and they make a really cool sound when the hit something harder than themselves and smash into bits!

CruzinGirl
10-04-2006, 10:13 AM
mike... cordless phones are easier to throw... nothing to hold em back... and they make a really cool sound when the hit something harder than themselves and smash into bits!

hence, its a good idea to use the cheaper $40 models, lol