PDA

View Full Version : Sun & Cross

TomNanos
09-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I still get up to my alma mater, UConn, from time to time. A couple weeks ago, my oldest daughter had to attend ballet tryouts for the Nutcracker at the Mansfield Community Center. The little one was fast asleep by the time we got to Mansfield, so I drove around with her while my wife and daughter went to the tryouts. I made my way up to the Greek Orthodox chapel on Dog Lane. I've got a bit of history with this chapel. In the late 80's and early 90's, while I was in the general contracting buisness with my father, we had the honor of running the construction of the chapel and study center. Why the honor? Well, two reasons - first is we're a Greek Orthodox family, so building a church is quite a thing, but second, this chapel would be the first Greek Orthodox church on a university campus in the entire US! Well, needless to say, we got it done. And some years later, I also had the honor of getting married in the chapel I helped to build!

OK, enough blabbering. While my youngest daughter was sleeping in her carseat, I walked around the truck taking various shots around the chapel. It was a sunny day, with a blue sky. The shadows just struck me,and the sun was at just the right angle for this shot. Trust me it was tough getting the angle right without burning my retina! Shot with the 20D and Canon 70-200mm f/4L - ISO 100, f/8, 1/1250. See, even L lenses can flare... :D

http://www.nanosphoto.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/wm__MG_3421-01.jpg

ATVinBarbie
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Even with the flare, it's a nice shot. :tup