PDA

View Full Version : the main reason I couldnt go to the boat races

zacker
09-24-2006, 06:13 PM
....with JustinL..lol
http://zacker.smugmug.com/photos/97594474-L.jpg

I still need to go find more rocks to finish it..lol but its 90% done!

JustinL
09-24-2006, 06:38 PM
hey that's awesome! i dont think you would have liked the races much... too many trees in the way (i was on the EH side)

zacker
09-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks Justin! did ya get any worthwhile shots at least?

JustinL
09-24-2006, 10:24 PM
did i get any?!

http://libanophotos.com/Home/yeay/IMG_4301_800.jpg

http://libanophotos.com/Home/yeay/IMG_4241_800.jpg

I'm still editing shots from that concert the other night. I'll get to the rest of these in a second.

zacker
09-25-2006, 07:08 AM
awesome... Please tell me the "Hooters" boat won...lol

rpiano
09-25-2006, 07:35 AM
Nice! Both of you.

I have to make more time :)

Craig, let me know when you want to get started on mine ;)

Orgnoi1
09-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Very cool pics both of you... Craig you are going to have your own jungle in your backyard soon....LOL

convergent
09-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Wow, that second picture is very cool... Curious why you were shooting at f/16 though?

zacker
09-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Craig you are going to have your own jungle in your backyard soon....LOL
Thanks Ross, Now that you mention it, I think I do... last night i was on the deck and a freakin Bob cat was stalking through the gardens and it pounced on what looked like a giant Anaconda... (actually, my cat Tye, was pouncing on a Garder Snake..but you get the picture!)

Craig, let me know when you want to get started on mine ;)

Thanks Rob, as soon as my neck is back to normal and my arms work again, I'll get right on it...lol
Thanks all!

CruzinGirl
09-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks Ross, Now that you mention it, I think I do... last night i was on the deck and a freakin Bob cat was stalking through the gardens and it pounced on what looked like a giant Anaconda... (actually, my cat Tye, was pouncing on a Garder Snake..but you get the picture!)

Thanks Rob, as soon as my neck is back to normal and my arms work again, I'll get right on it...lol
Thanks all!

What a good kitty!!! You should teach him to hunt huge furry spiders too!!! That way he would cover all the bases!

Actually my mom had a snake rear up at here while she was walking out our door...funny thing was, it was only about 8 inches long but still reared up....she thankfully had barn boots on (rubber muckers) and stepped on it until my dad came and disposed of it....the more urking thing is that it appeared to be a Copperhead, which we find from time to time in our fields. YIKES!!!! It was trying to get into our house!!!

JustinL
09-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Wow, that second picture is very cool... Curious why you were shooting at f/16 though?

Shutter Priority... i just picked the shutter speed, the f# was chosen by the camera. I wanted to shoot manual... but i had little time and it has been a while since i panned anything moving by me -- let alone boats moving at 150mph