PDA

View Full Version : Old Daguerreotype of cemetery

stoneylonesome
09-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Just playing around with a photo I had taken of the Simsbury CT cemetery and trying to make it look like an old Daguerreotype, don't think it came out to bad. :)

http://www.flowingriverphotos.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/cemDE2.jpg

zacker
09-16-2006, 09:23 PM
wow...thats cool. im digging it!

stoneylonesome
09-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks, Just got the Paint Shop Pro 11 upgrade and it's an effects feature called Time Machine, really neat. The only thing I have against PSP since PSP10 when Corel released after taking over from JASC. is that when I open a Canon 10D or G3 RAW file in it, which it recognizes no problem, it strips away all the EXIF data, doesn't do it with JEPG's and PSP9 which I still use, keeps all the EXIF intact. so I'll either convert my RAW in PSP9 or Rawshooter safe as a PSP or TIFF format and then use the PSP11 for some of the effects and other neat stuff. Yes this has been an on going battle between me and Corel tech support. My last e-mail (last night) I told them they were inept. That ought to win friends :D

I guess that this problem will never be resolved by your inept and incompatant staff.

rpiano
09-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Really neat, I would soften it just a touch, it's tack sharp, which is great but not fitting the era that you're going for. Nice job.

ATVinBarbie
09-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Really cool effect. I'm liking it. :tup

stoneylonesome
09-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Really neat, I would soften it just a touch, it's tack sharp, which is great but not fitting the era that you're going for. Nice job.
Thanks! I think you are right about the sharpening, Just so used to tweaking a little USM so the shots pop on a moniter when I post.

stoneylonesome
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Really cool effect. I'm liking it. :tup

Thanks; Pretty happy with it myself, I might use this effect for certain photos. Next Sat. when I go to the Connecticut Antique Machinery Assoc. open house in Kent I'll have to keep this process in mind. :)

CruzinGirl
09-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Awesome shot!!!! And some great editing!

stoneylonesome
09-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Awesome shot!!!! And some great editing!

Thanks, really wasn't that tough with the action that was built into PSP11.

as a comparison here is the original I used.
http://www.bytegallery.com/data/3078/40cem21.jpg

ATVinBarbie
09-18-2006, 11:35 AM
The original has beautiful color for the time of year it's taken.

TomNanos
09-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Very nice effect, especially seeing the original as a comparison. I do have to agree a bit of softness to the filtered shot would really add to the feel of it. Either way, very nice!

stoneylonesome
09-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Very nice effect, especially seeing the original as a comparison. I do have to agree a bit of softness to the filtered shot would really add to the feel of it. Either way, very nice!

Thanks, I'm going to try a little softer touch to it and see what it looks like.

CruzinGirl
09-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Wow, after seeing the original, its amazing the way the whole feeling of the picture was changed through editing! Great job!

zacker
09-18-2006, 03:59 PM
ahhh thus the wonders of post-Editing!
love it!

stoneylonesome
09-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks all for the Comments

ahhh thus the wonders of post-Editing!
love it!

And that is what brought me back into photography after getting bored with film and having to wait for the film to get processed.