PDA

View Full Version : Rush fans and CGI fans alike need to see this.

zacker
08-23-2006, 04:45 PM
This is so Awesome! I cant imagine the work it took to get this right, all the little nuances and movements.. not to mention, its about as acurate as it gets, almost like watching the real thing, and the details.. oh the details!
lol

Ladies and Gents.. Mr. Neil Peart... (sorta)

http://www.bobbysbrane.com/animation%20fun/animations/YYZ%20video-Rush.wmv (http://www.bobbysbrane.com/animation%20fun/animations/YYZ%20video-Rush.wmv)

Orgnoi1
08-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Pretty awesome animation!!

zacker
08-23-2006, 04:54 PM
yeah, i love the details like the cymbals swinging and the wood grain inside the drums and you can see the top of the bass drum through the clear heads on the toms.. this guy must have spend allot of time on this one.

jake4440
08-23-2006, 06:00 PM
very nice job!
missed one thign neil pert is left a handed drummer but still i could even think of doing that kinda work

zacker
08-23-2006, 08:56 PM
left handed? no, he's a righty.. I got like every tape he did..lol gotta get the new one though.. The man is a genius.

stoneylonesome
08-23-2006, 08:59 PM
WOW! thats all just WOW!

jake4440
08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
boy ive ben a rush fan for long time. not crazy fan but into it. and as far as i knew hes left handed. a guy i knew back in high school{20yrs ago} could drum every song front to back back to fron and one of the things he taught me was that neil pert was left handed.
now ill have to go see if i was dupped

sandcmom
08-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Cool - now that's art! and a fine use of a computer!

The hours it took to get that digitized must have taken since like 1995 or something -

Dave Perry
08-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I would like to have 1/10th of his playing ability. The professor!!!!

zacker
08-24-2006, 05:09 AM
boy ive ben a rush fan for long time. not crazy fan but into it. and as far as i knew hes left handed. a guy i knew back in high school{20yrs ago} could drum every song front to back back to fron and one of the things he taught me was that neil pert was left handed.
now ill have to go see if i was dupped

lol uh oh, i think he got ya! That Is unless your calling Hi Hats on your left side, left handed.... .. Phil Collins, lefty. Everyone else, Righty. lol

That red Tama Kit, custom made for Neil... (but there were a few) was sold on ebay a few years ago with no hardware or cymbals...just the shells. I forget what it went for but it was up there.

convergent
08-24-2006, 09:06 AM
I was a big Rush fan in the 80's, but haven't really listened to them since. Thanks for sharing this, as it reminded me why I liked them.

As long as we are picking apart the video... awesome piece of work... the only flaw I saw was that the glow from the sun was somehow penetrating his head and the drums... His head should have blocked it and given a nice backlit head shot (remember me and my backlit shots... can't get enough of them), instead of being over top of his face partially.

zacker
08-24-2006, 09:56 AM
the only flaw I saw was that the glow from the sun was somehow penetrating his head and the drums... His head should have blocked it and given a nice backlit head shot (remember me and my backlit shots... can't get enough of them), instead of being over top of his face partially.

lol... dont you just hate when the sun does that?

usually, my problem is, if the suns on my right side and you look into my left ear, you can see it!!!

ZR2Blazer
08-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Awesome video....great find :hail