PDA

View Full Version : I love my Hakuba lens Pen!

zacker
08-22-2006, 02:57 PM
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=195069&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

This thing works like a charm and is great and easy to store and carry... check it out! beats cleaners, cloths and lens papers!

JustinL
08-22-2006, 03:14 PM
is it for sensor cleaning too?

Orgnoi1
08-22-2006, 03:17 PM
I would definately not use it for sensor cleaning... but its great for lenses and such...

zacker
08-22-2006, 03:47 PM
no... its too hard for sensors... its got this little round thing on the end that looks like a flat round (think head of nail) rubber thing with some sort of material like maybe micro fiber and inside the cap is a pad with some kind of cleaner (black stuff) and it gets on the cleaner pad when you close it. the other end has a retractable brush. It would definetly mess up your sensor... but man it shines the hell out of a lens!!

riderchick_05
08-22-2006, 03:49 PM
They are the good ones, I searched Ritz for one and finaly after about 10 minutes of looking and almosty giveing up I found the last one... I realy didn't want to settle for the papers I had baught before Ross had showed us this... (Ross, lol. YOu keep hooking me on things for the cam and poor Aron is going to be broke!! Lol)

stoneylonesome
08-23-2006, 09:03 AM
Yup that's the baby been using the same one since back when I bought my G3 so that must be at least 4 years ago. works great, I forgot where I got mine, might have been, dare I say it, Ritz camera. But Please NEVER on the sensor, I use a hand squeeze blower and that's it.

convergent
08-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Yup that's the baby been using the same one since back when I bought my G3 so that must be at least 4 years ago. works great, I forgot where I got mine, might have been, dare I say it, Ritz camera. But Please NEVER on the sensor, I use a hand squeeze blower and that's it.

My understanding is that they do wear out after a while and its good to replace them. The reading I was doing on it kind of implied that not doing that could lead to lens damage, but I honestly didn't spend a lot of time trying to validate that statement.

stoneylonesome
08-23-2006, 10:53 AM
My understanding is that they do wear out after a while and its good to replace them. The reading I was doing on it kind of implied that not doing that could lead to lens damage, but I honestly didn't spend a lot of time trying to validate that statement.

I was thinking about that myself and I've been meaning to replace mine, the key word there is meaning to:D . I will say I don't use it that often, I still use the old fashioned lens cleaning tissues. I've also used with good luck the supe soft eyeglass cleaning cloths.