PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS2 - Fade corrections without Mask

convergent
08-22-2006, 10:53 AM
I've been using Photoshop for quite a while and never noticed this feature... not sure if it is there prior to CS2, which is what I'm using. After you apply a correction to an image... like levels, shadow/highlight, saturation, etc... I've often needed to apply a mask to soften the effect. This isn't that tough to do, but is a few more steps. I just discovered today that there is an easier way to do it, if you want to apply it to the whole image, and don't really need a mask.

After you have made a correction to the image, for example with >Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation (or any other Adjustment tool). Then go to the Edit drop down menu and there is a new option there. In this case it would be "Fade Hue/Saturation". Once you select that option, you have a slider for 0-100% fade, as well as a drop down list of about a dozen different ways to apply the effect. This is a great way to soften the effect of your corrections.

zacker
08-22-2006, 01:23 PM
yes, like over sharpening with "sharpen more" actually, i was reading something about that. Over sharpen then use the fade tool but they said to use something like fade>soft light ..or something to that effect.. i forget. i wish knew where i read it, prolly some mag..