PDA

View Full Version : Rest in peace Joe Rosenthal

stoneylonesome
08-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Joe Rosenthal was the Associated Press photographer who in WWll took the famous photo of the Marines raising the flag on Iwo Jima. My tribute now to him and as always to our men and women in the military.
This is a photo I took of the Iwo Jima memorial in New Britain, CT just of Rte 9

http://www.bytegallery.com/data/3189/40Iwo_Jima3.jpg

riderchick_05
08-22-2006, 08:25 AM
MAN!! Every time I see things that are patriotic I get all emotional knowing that our troops and my fience are over in harms way fighting for our freedom.. I am so greatful to them yet at the same time angry at our losses...
It is a beautiful picture, a reminder to all that there are men and woman out there that no matter how much "anti-military" some people are there reay is a need for what they do for us.....
(Sorry if I rambled and I hope it makes sence....)

stoneylonesome
08-22-2006, 08:37 AM
MAN!! Every time I see things that are patriotic I get all emotional knowing that our troops and my fience are over in harms way fighting for our freedom.. I am so greatful to them yet at the same time angry at our losses...
It is a beautiful picture, a reminder to all that there are men and woman out there that no matter how much "anti-military" some people are there reay is a need for what they do for us.....
(Sorry if I rambled and I hope it makes sence....)

You made perfect sense, I feel the same way. No one wants war, but thank God we have people who will stand and defend our freedoms when it happens. We must always show support for our troops regardless of what we may feel about the war itself. They are the ones that have made it possible for all of us to go on occasional rants. :)
http://www.bytegallery.com/data/3189/40Iwo_Jima10.jpg

riderchick_05
08-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Amen to that...

You made perfect sense, I feel the same way. No one wants war, but thank God we have people who will stand and defend our freedoms when it happens. We must always show support for our troops regardless of what we may feel about the war itself. They are the ones that have made it possible for all of us to go on occasional rants. :)

zacker
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
hear hear! yeah, I saw a blurb on this thismorning... sad.