PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lighting

zacker
08-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Most likly strobes of some sort.. Ok Here goes:

Something cheap (in the $200.00 or under range) Strobes i can fire off with my 30D, and possibly the 420EX. Something ultra light and not complex (i know NOTHING about studio lighting) something with a wire or with out...doesnt matter, Convertable umbrellas if at all possible, two light set up, use flash guns or regular strobes, as long as they work i dont really care what they are.. and something easy to set up/tear down, move and use.
Ok, so, whats the verdict guys and gals... how crazy am i for asking?

zacker
08-18-2006, 07:55 AM
how would a couple of 420 ex's work on stands with umbrellas? and can i just use the wireless thing from my cam or my 420ex i own already?

Orgnoi1
08-18-2006, 07:58 AM
I will have to look it up... but I dont think the 420ex/430ex can transmit... they can only receive... so you would need a 550ex/580ex/st-e2 to fire the remotes...

ProPhotoImages
08-18-2006, 08:11 AM
You aren't crazy for asking, but to my recollection, Orgnoi1 is correct. Only the 550/580's will work.

I'll look up some info to be certain and get back to you unless someone else responds first.

zacker
08-18-2006, 08:37 AM
thanks guys, i was just on ebay and there are some inexpensive set ups there.. tow light kits with satnds and umbrellas.. i just dont know if they are good or not. As I siad, talking lighting with me is like sticking me in the middle of china and expecting me to know the language.. aint happening. Can someone take a look at ebay and see if these are good? http://listings.ebay.com/Lighting-Studio-Equipment_Studio-Flash-Strobe_W0QQfrisZ2QQfromZR41QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacat Z30087QQsocmdZListingItemList

Or just go to ebay and search for Studio strobes .
thanks all!