PDA

View Full Version : Motion: a Moment in time

stoneylonesome
08-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Or is it a ghost in the woods?

http://www.flowingriverphotos.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/motion1.jpg

Fields in my dreams, sky's of wonder.

http://www.flowingriverphotos.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/motion2.jpg

Probably not the smartest thing to do, but than again no one ever accused me of being overly smart, :D taken out the car window while driving.

zacker
08-17-2006, 07:36 AM
lol... Sandy, you need one of those car attachments that JustinL uses!

Hey, as long as you had your seat belt one and both hands on the wheel.... your safe from Mrs. Rell and the goon squad!

stoneylonesome
08-17-2006, 08:36 AM
:D :D :D :D I stole the idea from an article in the latest issue of outdoor photography, pretty cool effects. but I think I have to slow my shutter down more than the 1/40 or so think 1/20 or even slower.
You mean steering with your knees isn't allowed? :doh :doh

Just joking. Right hand on the wheel left holding the camera pointed out the side window, just clicking away.

zacker
08-17-2006, 09:18 AM
I Tried This With My Cell Phone Once, Didnt Work Out As Well.... Lol

stoneylonesome
08-17-2006, 09:41 AM
I Tried This With My Cell Phone Once, Didnt Work Out As Well.... Lol
geeeeeeeeeeeez driving, talking on the cell and taking photos all at once. Golly I don't understand why it didn't work. :Hammer :Hammer :D :D :D :D

zacker
08-17-2006, 09:53 AM
dont forget the Wendy's "Biggie" size fries in my lap and sody in the drink holder!
lol

JustinL
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
is that "ghost" a sign?

my fiancee was doing this while i was driving, and if you get real familiar with the shutter speed of the camera relative to the speed of the car, you can actually "paint" brush strokes with the scenes you're driving by.

stoneylonesome
08-17-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty sure it is, I really don't remember exactly, there isn't much else on this section of road, so it's probably a speed limit sign. It's amazing the effects you can get by doing this, I was doing about 30 and fired maybe 6 frames. for the first one and about the same for the fields one. The camera was pointing slightly towards the front. Check out the newest addition of Outdoor Photography.