PDA

View Full Version : Better use of Ping-Pong Table (Model Train)

convergent
08-11-2006, 09:57 AM
I was going through the storage room a couple nights ago and spotted my packed away box of model trains that haven't seen daylight in probably 15 years. I pulled the box out, and the next thing you know my son and youngest daughter and I have opened the ping-pong table, removed the net, and have this growing large train layout going. So far we have a double main loop with switch overs, and a small yard. It is really hard keeping things rolling though with out any of the track nailed down.

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/3/2/2/web_traincar_MQ2E9869.jpg

convergent
08-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Oh, this was just a passing shot with the 100mm f/2.8 Macro... and a very narrow depth of field.

Orgnoi1
08-11-2006, 09:58 AM
thats awesome.... on two levels... one that you are getting it all back out... and two that your kids are getting involved...

stoneylonesome
08-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Oh Boy! I can see a permament layout coming soon, look at it this why, it opens up a ton of photo ops. on going construction, finished layout (are they ever finished :D ) and no excuse for not having something to photograph on those rainy days. :happy :happy

convergent
08-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I hear you... but it also opens up a HUGE amount of time which I don't have. Now if my son got going on it, then that would be different. The thing is, we don't really have the space to do it. Even though we ahve about 4200 square feet of finished space, there isn't a lot of unfinished space where we could do much. I actually did walk around looking for a spot and only could come up with maybe a 6'x6' sized area in the workshop or maybe if we took a spot of our storage room. Both are not great spots and would cut into space we are using for something else. I'll see if they stay interested in it on the ping-pong table for now.