PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS2 RAW Update Needed

convergent
08-02-2006, 05:36 PM
I can't believe I haven't tried to do anything with RAW in months... I just did some RAW shooting this afternoon and couldn't read the files with either my version of Canon Digital Photo Pro or Photoshop CS2. If you run into this, you just need to do updates on the two programs.

To save you some hunting, here is where you get the updates...

For Photoshop, http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

There are two things there... and update to 9.0.1 of CS2, and an update to RAW. For 9.0.1, you download and run the self extracting file. Then you start Photoshop and it seems to do whatever it needs on its own. For RAW, you have to download and extract the file, then navigate to the Plug-Ins directory and replace the file that is there for RAW.

For Canon Digital Photo Professional,
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=325&modelid=12012

There is an update program there for DPP that you download and run, and it updates DPP for you... a little more user friendly than the Adobe update.

ProPhotoImages
08-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Since I am a minor stockholder in CanonUSA (just kidding), I was sent a letter just recently and responded that in order to go to their download libraries, I had to first shut down my Norton Firewall but luckily I am on a hardware router and my site advisor reads green, they ought to put the updates to DPP and Zoombrowser in their help menu as
Adobe does". Whenever I go to the Canon site I can't read anything unless I turn off that firewall and I have come to the conclusion that maybe it's because I use Firefox. I was wondering if it's just me (my configuration) or are their other users that have the same problem.

Anyway..thanks Convergent for the link to DPP.

convergent
08-02-2006, 10:20 PM
I use Firefox, and CA's EZ Firewall, and I'm behind 2 routers... and I went there and downloaded it without any problem. Odd.

ProPhotoImages
08-03-2006, 08:05 AM
I think maybe it's the configuration of my software firewall. My settings might just be too high

I did do an update of Digital Professional Pro and thanks for the link, Convergent cause I only had Version 2.03 and by the way, "dpp" works with all the Canons even those A models. It is a 41mb download update and if you don't have "cable" or "dsl", set it and go to bed.

For the "raw" you probally need to save the old raw somewhere else in case you ever need to put it back.

convergent
08-03-2006, 08:11 AM
I was able to download a DPP update, rather than the whole thing. I think it was like 8MB and it downloaded pretty quickly.