PDA

View Full Version : Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop CS2 now shipping

convergent
08-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop CS2 now shipping (http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-7897-8495)

Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop CS2 is now shipping. Written by Bruce Fraser, the new title devotes 304 pages to the topic of sharpening in Adobe's flagship image editing application.

convergent
08-02-2006, 12:34 AM
Did you think that it was possible to have a 300+ page book on the topic of image sharpening? Well, I can believe it. This is probably one of the single most important steps in image processing to make them look crisp and sharp, and I have spent a couple years trying to master it. When you talk to different people they seem to have techniques that vary so broadly that you wonder if any of it actually works. This book will be one that I will put on my list to get at some point in the future. If I hadn't just bought four photography books last week, I'd probably be already getting it... but I've got to read through those a bit first.