PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on the Blackhawk II

TomNanos
08-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Not sure if it goes here, but we were on the water all day. :D

My father & I went fishing on the charter fishing boat the Blackhawk II out of Niantic, CT today (8/1). Not only caught some bluefish, but also took a crapload of pictures. ;) Since I'm too lazy to transcribe everything here, click here (http://www.nanosphoto.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=46) to head to my site for the album. There's 53 images from the day in there.

Thanks for looking & enjoy!
Tom

JustinL
08-01-2006, 09:54 PM
i was just on the Mijoy last wednesday. You're smart for going during the week - less crowded. That walkway is truly nice for nightshots as well. You did an awesome job capturing the mood.

How many blues did you catch?

zacker
08-01-2006, 09:59 PM
I did the BlackHawk about 20 years ago...it was awesome..didnt win the pot though.. but, we did so good it was like shooting fish in a barrel! howd ya do tom? How about you Justin?

TomNanos
08-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Thanks Justin!

Only caught 4 between the two of us. Not too bad. I did have one that I fought to the surface, and the freaking line broke at the sinker. Bastard... :D

Striper won the pot today - the only striper caught. Of course, I didn't grab a shot of it...forgot how much it weighed, but it was quite large.

We had 20 on board - looked like the Mijoy had 6. The Hel-Cat II looked to be the busiest - maybe 25 or 30.

JustinL
08-01-2006, 11:15 PM
same with my boat! my future father-in-law caught the only striper and won the pot. i guess the sand shark someone else caught didn't count (threw it back).

my fiancee (YES she went! and baited her own hooks!) and i each got 8.

convergent
08-02-2006, 10:00 AM
How many people were on the boat? My Church does a charter trip every April to New Hampshire. We leave here at 1am... stop and have breakfast when we get there... then fish all day... then stop for a big crab dinner... then are back at around 10PM... a LONG day. It is very much hit or miss... sometimes a lot of fish... sometimes none... in one year the weather was bad and we couldn't even go out. We end up with a reasonable number of people on the boat though... just curious how many you had on there with you.

TomNanos
08-02-2006, 09:41 PM
How many people were on the boat? My Church does a charter trip every April to New Hampshire. We leave here at 1am... stop and have breakfast when we get there... then fish all day... then stop for a big crab dinner... then are back at around 10PM... a LONG day. It is very much hit or miss... sometimes a lot of fish... sometimes none... in one year the weather was bad and we couldn't even go out. We end up with a reasonable number of people on the boat though... just curious how many you had on there with you.

There was about 20 on our boat, but it looked like it could accomodate at least 40. They do two runs a day - one leaves at 6am, and the other at 1pm.

Cap'nFred
10-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi All, This is my first post on this forum> I thought I would try to upload a picture from Monday trip on the water. 33# striper

convergent
10-19-2006, 08:54 AM
That's a big fish!