PDA

View Full Version : Kent Falls

stoneylonesome
07-10-2006, 10:32 PM
On a thread I posted Zacker mentioned he had gone to Kent Falls, thought it would be a good excuse for me to post one I had takin last April

http://www.bytegallery.com/data/3096/40falls39.jpg

zacker
07-11-2006, 07:44 AM
wow! OMG! what a difference... have you seen the way they fixed it up? I was just there and the only thing that looks the same is the falls and water, they made a nice "patio" on the right, with benches and made new steps up to the top with different landings and stuff.
great shot by the way!
I have a couple in my site (link below) in the "Scenic CT" album.
-zacker-

stoneylonesome
07-11-2006, 07:52 AM
wow! OMG! what a difference... have you seen the way they fixed it up? I was just there and the only thing that looks the same is the falls and water, they made a nice "patio" on the right, with benches and made new steps up to the top with different landings and stuff.
great shot by the way!
I have a couple in my site (link below) in the "Scenic CT" album.
-zacker-

No! I haven't been there since the overhaul, I usually swing by there when I go to the CT. Antique Machinery Shows. Which by the way are great photo ops.
http://www.ctamachinery.com/

Orgnoi1
07-11-2006, 08:26 AM
Thats a pretty set of falls.. if they did that much work to it I would bet that it doesnt look half as nice and serene now...

stoneylonesome
07-11-2006, 09:03 AM
Thats a pretty set of falls.. if they did that much work to it I would bet that it doesnt look half as nice and serene now...

Guess I'll have to take a trek up there and see how our Wonderful state ruined it. :eek:
Here is another shot looking down, about half way up.

http://www.bytegallery.com/data/3096/40falls50.jpg

zacker
07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
No, it actually looks nice.. Actually, it looks like a nice place to go sit and just watch the falls and listen to the water.. I think they actually did a great job.

I stopped by the Machienery museum that day, It looked dead.. Maybe because they are still working on it? I did take a few shots of the train, also, if you go back, go through the Bulls Bridge covered bridge, and take a left and follow that road a couple miles, it will take you to the other side of the river going the same direction as rte 7.. its really pretty cool in there with some small falls and lotsta woodsy type stuff, I came across a little tiny old cemetary and there were a bunch of Quail running through it..lol It was awesome! Plus, if you park in the lot for the Bulls Bridge Rec center.. and go into the woods to the right, youll happen upon some serious flowing water.. lots of rapids, warn out rock and falls.. its about 15 yards into the woods to the right of the parking lot sign.
-zacker-

JustinL
07-11-2006, 04:44 PM
both stoney and zacker got lucky. the last time i was at Kent Falls there was a ton of fishermen in the water... so no clean shots :(

stoneylonesome
07-11-2006, 08:33 PM
No, it actually looks nice.. Actually, it looks like a nice place to go sit and just watch the falls and listen to the water.. I think they actually did a great job.

I stopped by the Machienery museum that day, It looked dead.. Maybe because they are still working on it? I did take a few shots of the train, also, if you go back, go through the Bulls Bridge covered bridge, and take a left and follow that road a couple miles, it will take you to the other side of the river going the same direction as rte 7.. its really pretty cool in there with some small falls and lotsta woodsy type stuff, I came across a little tiny old cemetary and there were a bunch of Quail running through it..lol It was awesome! Plus, if you park in the lot for the Bulls Bridge Rec center.. and go into the woods to the right, youll happen upon some serious flowing water.. lots of rapids, warn out rock and falls.. its about 15 yards into the woods to the right of the parking lot sign.
-zacker-

Good to hear about the falls. Usually there is someone floating around the Museum on the week-ends, always working on something. the best time is in Sept. to there open house. I'll post some photos that I took.

stoneylonesome
07-11-2006, 08:34 PM
both stoney and zacker got lucky. the last time i was at Kent Falls there was a ton of fishermen in the water... so no clean shots :(

Guess I was lucky I took those in April of last year and there was no one around.

zacker
07-11-2006, 10:16 PM
there were a few kids there, swimming andd splashing around, and I met some photog from florida... he said he was a pro and had been shooting for about 40 years.. Yes, he lookde to be in his late 60's to early 70's..lol
-zacker-

zacker
07-12-2006, 07:05 AM
I was there on the friday morning before the 4th of july weekend so everyone was probably away, down by the shore or something. I can see where it would be aggrevating to try to shoot with all sorts of people and kids running around, but I can also see that, if I were a kid, Id be all about swimming in there...lol it was funny, while talking to this other guy there, we were waiting for some cloud cover and just as we got it, a couple of "older" kids (prolly 15 or 16) decided that was the right time to climb around on the rocks.. even though there was a big ole sign telling them not to.
Geeesh!
lol
-zacker-