PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Epson P2000?

Striderxl
06-29-2006, 08:14 PM
I just bought one off of FM and cant wait until it arrives.I am looking forward to using it on my upcoming week long cub scout camp adventure with no ac at the end of July.

Orgnoi1
06-29-2006, 08:19 PM
I have one and love it... its a great way to store shots. Now you are saying you wont have AC as in electricity or Air Conditioning? Good to go if its Air Conditioning... the battery lasts quite a while but it isnt a battery you can go buy from a store... so an inverter in the car may come in handy at some point... also if you plan on using it for storage and going to be away from electricity for a while I wouldnt use it to view pictures as that takes a lot more battery power.

zacker
06-29-2006, 09:14 PM
someone wanted to trade me a 4000 for my sigma wide...i declined.. Not that I dont want one, I dont need one...lol I know me and I know id never use it. It would be nice to have one though on a long trip.. but, other than that, id never use it. Now, what I do want is an Ipod..that would rock for going out and shooting..walking around and shooting.. but, then again, other than that? Id never use it, im waiting for sirius to release their wearable, Ipod type sat. radio...
-zacker-

Striderxl
06-29-2006, 10:43 PM
I have one and love it... its a great way to store shots. Now you are saying you wont have AC as in electricity or Air Conditioning? Good to go if its Air Conditioning... the battery lasts quite a while but it isnt a battery you can go buy from a store... so an inverter in the car may come in handy at some point... also if you plan on using it for storage and going to be away from electricity for a while I wouldnt use it to view pictures as that takes a lot more battery power.

No Air conditioning,there should be plenty of electricity.But we are sleeping in tents so I will have to lock everything up.

ProPhotoImages
06-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I just bought one to take on my trip to Southeast Asia and in checking it out, I decided to get a couple of extra lith ion batteries. It did come with a $50.00 rebate and the photo shop where I bought it gave me a very generous discount to help me on my trip. I put it through it's paces and i wished I had bought the 4000 instead. It has about the best lcd monitor I have seen on a portable drive yet and I also own the now discontinued NixVue that I replaced with an 80 GB laptop hard drive. If I hadn't:Hammer rushed to get off that rebate, I think I would take it back and get the P4000 because I have a nasty feeling that I am going to use up that 40GB one. In comparison with the NixVue and my old 6gb "digital wallet" there is nothing like the Epson.

convergent
06-29-2006, 11:18 PM
I also have an Epson P-2000. As was mentioned, the LCD is incredible... so incredible that it makes your images look stunning and then you might be disappointed when you put them on the big screen.. :(

I use it for a couple of things. In the field, it is my backup for my cards. Once I back images off to my laptop and the P-2000... I have two copies then... so I format the cards and recylce them for more shooting. The other thing I use it for is on trips... vacation, etc. Its great to be able to pop cards in there and then let the family (or clients also) look through the images. But, its primary purpose is an "in the field" backup device. The battery seems to get me through a day of work usually, but that's if I'm just using it for storage and not a lot of viewing.

Striderxl
07-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Does anyone know if this is supposed to come with a manual,not on the cd?

Thanks
Charlie

ProPhotoImages
07-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know if this is supposed to come with a manual,not on the cd?

Thanks
Charlie
It not only comes with a P-2000 Basics booklet, but an updated Product support bulletin for the updated firmware that lets it take "SD" cards, Charger, USB cord and lithiom Ion battery instructions and a desk stand. It does come with a CD. The Photo shop threw in the "SD" adapter for me. I forgot to mention the wriststrap and a nifty pouch.