PDA

View Full Version : Updated User Titles

convergent
06-28-2006, 03:25 PM
I changed "Junior Member" to "New Member". Didn't think anyone wanted to be called "Jr". Also remember that after 10 posts you can create a custom title I believe.

I'd like to come up with some site specific rank titles... something photographer related. Any ideas? Put on your witty thinking caps and see what we can produce.

A cup of coffee to the winning proprosal! :java

Orgnoi1
06-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Starbucks coffee or Dunkin Donuts coffee? That makes a big difference how well I put my brainbucket into operation...LOL

ATVinBarbie
06-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Starbucks coffee or Dunkin Donuts coffee? That makes a big difference how well I put my brainbucket into operation...LOL

Starbucks...... :hurl

Dunkin Donuts.... :love

:Neener

convergent
06-28-2006, 05:02 PM
That would be the "winner's choice", as long as you aren't looking for fresh Costa Rica coffee or something.

Orgnoi1
06-28-2006, 05:14 PM

But see if I can get him into Starbucks I can get my Chai Tea :love:love:love:love:love:love

Irishpub3
06-28-2006, 05:14 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm... Starbucks :drool

ok... it's on =) nobody comes between me and my caffeine :happy

convergent
06-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Well those Starbucks Banana Coconut Frapachinos are pretty killer.

ZK9995
06-28-2006, 06:30 PM
No white choc. mocha :)

zacker
06-28-2006, 08:53 PM

Oh I hear dat!!!
-zacker-
I actually like Kruazer's ( formerly, Wawa's) coffee better!

convergent
06-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Oh I hear dat!!!
-zacker-

This could get very tricky... none of those around here. :cool:

zacker
06-29-2006, 07:58 AM
ok, tried to post this last night but for some reason, i couldnt..

New Member: 1.6 crop sensor
member: 1.3 crop sensor
senior member: FF sensor

lol...
-zacker-

ATVinBarbie
06-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Oh I hear dat!!!
-zacker-

IF I make it to CT sometime, you'll have to treat me to some. :tup

zacker
06-29-2006, 05:50 PM
deal!

Now i want coffee.....
-zacker-

convergent
06-29-2006, 06:57 PM
All this java talk and not many ideas coming out... come on people... lets get the creative juices flowing. Creative idea Zacker. Having tried something like that before on another forum, I suspect I'd get unending PMs that the people don't have the size sensor that the title lists.

Striderxl
06-29-2006, 07:52 PM
All this java talk and not many ideas coming out... come on people... lets get the creative juices flowing. Creative idea Zacker. Having tried something like that before on another forum, I suspect I'd get unending PMs that the people don't have the size sensor that the title lists.

Plus I was always told by the ladies the size of your sensor doesnt matter....................................

It is always the size of your lens.:Hammer :Hammer

Now for some :java :java :java :java :java :java :java :java

Orgnoi1
06-29-2006, 07:56 PM
It is always the size of your lens.

LOL I have to agree with that...

zacker
06-29-2006, 09:26 PM
Ok... how about..

New mem: 50 f1.8

member:85 f1.8

senior mem: 200 f2.8

seriously though..

Its not the size of the sensor, or how many pictures you take with it either, it's the Quality AND Quantity of the shots you take!

-zacker-

amd mods: 500.f4

Striderxl
06-29-2006, 10:38 PM
seriously though..

Its not the size of the sensor, or how many pictures you take with it either, it's the Quality AND Quantity of the shots you take!

-zacker-

If it isnt the size then why 500f4 for mods would a nice 15mm fish eye be just as good?LOL ;) ;) ;)

convergent
06-29-2006, 11:19 PM

-zacker-

How about the levels of JPEG quality?

ZK9995
06-29-2006, 11:34 PM
We just have to make sure that absolute newbies understand what the names mean :)

ProPhotoImages
06-29-2006, 11:36 PM
I don't see any :javasite specific suggestions yet but here goes: BTW, I'd trade that cafeine for a brewski. On another Photography/Computer help board that I happen to be on entitled :Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks, we have titles such as "New Geek", "Super Geek", "Super Duper Geek", "Super Super Duper Geek" which is based on numbers of posts by the users, Maybe we could go with "New Northeaster" "Super Northeaster" "Super Duper Northeaster" "Super Super Duper Northeaster" ,etc....Now where is my brewski?:happy

Just kidding, really.

convergent
06-29-2006, 11:41 PM
We just have to make sure that absolute newbies understand what the names mean :)

Yep... like I said, it can be a pain if they don't. On PDAPhoneHome, we started off with "Unconverged", "Converged", "Totally Converged", etc... I can't tell you how many PMs I got from people that were all ticked off because they had a PDAPhone, and their title said "Unconverged". The silly part was that after 10 posts the could change the title to anything they wanted, but they couldn't handle it for 10 posts to have it say that. Amazing.

convergent
06-29-2006, 11:41 PM
I don't see any :javasite specific suggestions yet but here goes: BTW, I'd trade that cafeine for a brewski. On another Photography/Computer help board that I happen to be on entitled :Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks, we have titles such as "New Geek", "Super Geek", "Super Duper Geek", "Super Super Duper Geek" which is based on numbers of posts by the users, Maybe we could go with "New Northeaster" "Super Northeaster" "Super Duper Northeaster" "Super Super Duper Northeaster" ,etc....Now where is my brewski?:happy

Just kidding, really.

Brewskis work too.

zacker
06-30-2006, 06:30 AM
but i can drink a coffee and drive... I will take a Brew though... if thats all ya got!
-zacker-

AgandAu
07-05-2006, 09:51 PM
This thread is kind of dying so I thought I might breathe some life into it. I have no idea what I would call myself if I could change it, but anything would be better than "new member". How about "clueless", "looking for a clue", and "jinkies, is that a clue" I guess it's not coffee worthy....but I tried.

ZR2Blazer
07-05-2006, 10:52 PM
This thread is kind of dying so I thought I might breathe some life into it. I have no idea what I would call myself if I could change it, but anything would be better than "new member". How about "clueless", "looking for a clue", and "jinkies, is that a clue" I guess it's not coffee worthy....but I tried.

I hear you there, but remember to get your thinking cap on and you can change your own title now that you have over 10 posts.

To do so just go into the User CP and edit profile.....about 1/2 way down the page you'll find where you can change your title :cheers
Like you said though.....the hardest part is figuring out what to put there:confused: :doh

AgandAu
07-05-2006, 11:00 PM
It doesn't look like there is anyplace to change my title yet, is it only 10 posts? It really doesn't matter, ...I don't really have a clue what I would put....hmmmm

IronDuke
07-06-2006, 10:04 AM
It doesn't look like there is anyplace to change my title yet, is it only 10 posts? It really doesn't matter, ...I don't really have a clue what I would put....hmmmm

Mine isn't changeable yet either... maybe I gotta "toss my cookies?" to get an updated screen??

convergent
07-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey, you guys seem to be right... you can't change your title. I'll have to figure out why this isn't working.

yammigirl
07-06-2006, 02:23 PM
How about if you use the same settings you have for photographer in the profile section

Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Pro

convergent
07-06-2006, 03:06 PM
How about if you use the same settings you have for photographer in the profile section

Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Pro

In theory that sounds great, except that just because you are a new member at NEF, doesn't mean you are a beginner photographer... and just because you are a long time member here doesn't mean you are a pro photographer. Regardless of what we might try to do to state that Beginner here, isn't necessarily Beginner photographer, people will get confused... and more importantly they may get offended. I tried this on another forum with something very similar and it drove me crazy with people sending me emails and PMs about it, so we went back to the basic titles. I'm sure there is a solution to this... :)

Orgnoi1
07-06-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm sure there is a solution to this... :)

Which will probably end up leaving things how they are...LOL

zacker
07-06-2006, 03:34 PM
New Poster, Poster, Advanced Poster Master Poster and the Mods, Super Poster!!
-zacker-

ProPhotoImages
07-06-2006, 03:35 PM
My other suggestion is to leave well enough alone. Leave everyone as a member except the "moderators" and "Administrators" and maybe "Senior Members". We all know who we are and it seems as if everyone here brings something to the table whether we are new members or long term members.

You could also call everyone "NorthEasters" unless of couse you get a new member from say the "SouthWest then he or she becomes a "SouthWester.

zacker
07-06-2006, 03:41 PM
im all for Nor'easter Photo nut or Photo-Addict or, Photography goon or....
lol
-zacker-

Orgnoi1
07-06-2006, 03:42 PM
Photography goon or....
lol
-zacker-

LOL...:doh

convergent
07-06-2006, 03:48 PM
New Poster, Poster, Advanced Poster Master Poster and the Mods, Super Poster!!
-zacker-

Poster, Post Master, Post Master General!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Orgnoi1
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Poster, Post Master, Post Master General!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

LOL this is too much...

aceman152
07-06-2006, 11:55 PM
This is quiet the intense discussion...

zacker
07-07-2006, 07:24 AM
lol.. mike... Poster master, Poster master General-er...

Oh My!
-zacker-

Orgnoi1
07-07-2006, 07:45 AM
By the way... if any member wants a new title interim while we are working on this problem... send me a PM... as long as it is PG rated I can set them up...

ZR2Blazer
07-09-2006, 02:06 PM
By the way... if any member wants a new title interim while we are working on this problem... send me a PM... as long as it is PG rated I can set them up...

DITTO.....Just don't ask for ideas of what to put there :D :doh

fadeout
08-01-2006, 04:45 AM
how about...

1-100 posts = new member
100-250 = 35mm/small format member
250-500 = medium format member
500-2000 = large format member
2000 + = lifer

however, i believe most people use digital slrs nowadays...hmmm

aceman152
08-01-2006, 05:09 AM
My other suggestion is to leave well enough alone. Leave everyone as a member except the "moderators" and "Administrators" and maybe "Senior Members". We all know who we are and it seems as if everyone here brings something to the table whether we are new members or long term members.

You could also call everyone "NorthEasters" unless of couse you get a new member from say the "SouthWest then he or she becomes a "SouthWester.

I do agree Ted on this one lol.....seems well enough to me....just my $.02