PDA

View Full Version : Rare Train Sighting... D&H

Orgnoi1
06-22-2006, 06:05 PM
At least for me... my favorite company (defunct) is Delaware and Hudson... so when I get a chance to see one (even though it is run by CP Rail) I just love it... =) then add it has a caboose which is also a D&H and that I am getting to shoot down at the train trestle from the Waterford Locks... the picture isnt the greatest... but it was a blast to see...

CP Rail/D&H
DH7304 / EMD GP38-2
http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/4/3/2006_06_22-R-Train01.jpg

IronDuke
06-22-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm digging the train photos!! Reminds me of what I wanted to be when I was little.... A freight train Engineer (Do they even call them that?) Who knew I'd end up working at a gas station????

ZK9995
06-22-2006, 11:08 PM
A gas station that fills up some really BIG planes :lmao

ATVinBarbie
06-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Pretty awesome shot. :tup

zacker
06-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Whats it cost to fill up a plane these days? About as much as my car?
lol
Nice shot, those Locks look like an awesome place to shoot...
I gotta say, Im not a big fan of trains but Im digging these train shots more and more, Like I said, Every time i see em, i cant help but think of Johnny Cash...lol
-zacker-

Orgnoi1
06-23-2006, 07:30 AM
The train thing has always had a special place with me... I was *that* kid who always had trainsets and such... and used to love watching the trains whenever I got a chance to... there is just something impressive to me... =)

IronDuke
06-23-2006, 11:59 AM
I always admired (sp?) how hard the engines work, moving such weight, for such distances..... Another thing, I'm a wierdo, and I think about stuff in a diffrent light...I actually use this for motivation, and have for the last few years...When its 100 degrees at work, one thing that helps me get by, and I actually do this.... When it's almost unbearable, I think of how much easier my job must be, compared to laying railroad down in the same type of weather....Wierd I know, but it helps alot!!!!

KeithAlanK
06-27-2006, 02:59 AM
Wow, that photo is just like a time machine for me!
(As mentioned in a PM at RRForums) I grew up in Clifton Park and railfanned the D&H during the 1970s and early '80s.
We got to see the famous Sharks and PAs sometimes.
My brother's Nscale model railroad is based on the D&H and he has a similar extended-vision caboose. It will give him a kick knowing that some of them are still being used. Got any more D&H caboose photos?

Spent many an idle afternoon at the locks, too.
Thanks for the memories.

Orgnoi1
06-27-2006, 07:09 AM
I dont currently... but I will keep a look out and grab some more if I see them.. =)