06-07-2006, 03:17 PM
http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/8/2/IMAG0077Large.JPG

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/8/2/IMAG0078Large.JPG

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/8/2/IMAG0079Large.JPG

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/8/2/IMAG0080Large.JPG

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/8/2/IMAG0081Large.JPG

Lisa
06-07-2006, 03:23 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!! He's absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone take him home!!!!!!!!!!! GENE! Can we have him?!?!?!? (yeah.. i know the answer is no :( )

Kim, are you involved with them now? Post a lil info on him if you know any... I'm sure someone could give him a loving home :)

CruzinGirl
06-07-2006, 04:00 PM
I am going to try my darndest to adopt this little guy if given the chance!!!!!

Meet Quinton. He is a seized animal who was among 15 seized from a horrible man in Charlton, NY, Montgomery County. These dogs were left on a property that had been sold 3 months prior to their seizure...they were abandon in a garage and shed, with moldy food, slime for water where there was any to be found and covered in their own feces. These animals are so scared of the outdoors because they have never seen grass before. Some cannot walk because they have never been able to before because the cramped space they were stuffed into was so disgusting. And the sad part was, for whatever reason this cruelty did not fall under buster's law and this horrible man is only charged with a misdemeanor. Chances are high that on June 22 he will be slapped with a fine and all teh animals will be returned to him. This person owns a pet store and simply wants these animals to breed and sell the puppies.

I don't mean to rant, but its easy to read about something like this in the paper, but to go to the SPCA and see these dogs for yourself and fall in love with them (as I did) it truly breaks my heart to think that I could give at least this one awesome dog a loving home and he may be condemned to a life of cruelty and torture.

My mom came with me last Friday to see Quinton and take he and all the animals there treats. She took these pics with my Vivitar 3megapixal point and shoot.

When I asked what could be done they asked for dog and cat toys, and dog and cat treats (no rawhide). Also, blankets, pet beds, and things of that nature. There is more on their website!

ATVinBarbie
06-07-2006, 04:14 PM
How can anyone be cruel to animals????? :mad:

I foresee Kim having a new little buddy VERY soon. :happy

ZR2Blazer
06-07-2006, 05:28 PM
people like this should be forced to live in a jail cell under the same conditions for a yr or two so they can see what its like. :rant

People that run these puppy mills are sickening :Hammer

Lisa
06-07-2006, 07:42 PM
that breaks my heart... i love animals and if i could i'd have a zoo... kim if u get more involved let me know any details... i wanted to be a veternarian when i was younger until i found out i had to see blood and perform "icky" things (i was real young!) maybe its something i might get involved with or try to help out... i just dont want to fall in love with one and find out it was put down.. id def. cry!

CruzinGirl
06-08-2006, 09:50 AM
that breaks my heart... i love animals and if i could i'd have a zoo... kim if u get more involved let me know any details... i wanted to be a veternarian when i was younger until i found out i had to see blood and perform "icky" things (i was real young!) maybe its something i might get involved with or try to help out... i just dont want to fall in love with one and find out it was put down.. id def. cry!

What is even scarier to me is that these dogs could actually get returned to this monster. He stands a better than 50% chance on getting them back because neglect (what he is charged with) is only a misdemeanor. It absolutely breaks my heart to think these animals would have to return to the suffering....especially since it is not teh first time this guy has been caught doing this!

ZR2Blazer
06-08-2006, 09:57 AM
Sounds to me that this guy knows some judges in town or something :dunno

CruzinGirl
06-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Sounds to me that this guy knows some judges in town or something :dunno

I don't know, but I'm already starting to look into him:cool:

Lisa
06-08-2006, 12:34 PM
ya ive heard of that.. i dont understand why anyone would give those poor animals back to someone who did that.. i mean he did it once what makes them think it ownt happen again.. and especially the fact that they were stuck in cages and couldnt walk once taking out and were scared of outside... pisses me off :mad: im starting to think ppl should have to had background checks before accepting the responsibility of taking in an animal... if they didnt realize.. a pet is as much of a responsibility is having a child... ppl who dont have kids or dont like kids shouldnt have pets either.. now im just getting angry.. gr!

CruzinGirl
06-08-2006, 01:05 PM
I know! Believe it or not there is screening done by reputable adoption agencies.... but this guy is the owner of a pet store from what I was told at the SPCA and these dogs were nothing more than breeding dogs to him. He will get them pregnant, take the puppies and sell them each for $800+ with no thought or care given to the parent. If the puppy becomes too old to keep at the store it then goes into the group of breeding dogs and the cycle continues. Sick!!!!

Lisa
06-08-2006, 01:09 PM
ya its even sicker that there are a ton of places like that.... if i could id take all those pets and save them all... but its not really fully possible and my parents and bf would kill me

CruzinGirl
06-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Well, I will take Quinton given the chance (although eh might have to get a cooler name, lol)....but you are right...one person cannot save them all. I can say that the 15 dogs that were seized are all pretty much spoken for if they are made adoptable by the judge....I'm hoping that they will tell him that and that will make his decision even easier knowing htey could go to good homes! But I am told that there is a good chance he will give these dogs back to this monster, which makes me want to cry everytime I think of it!

zacker
06-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Kim thats such a sad story! Our dog was a rescue as were both of mine and our two cats! I am proud to say that I will NEVER go out and buy a dog or cat..not from a store Breeder or esp. a Puppy Mill!!!! And I cant stand when someone I know Does! Bailey, are current dog, spent the first 6 months of his life in a kennel in the basement of a vets office.. was never outside and was deathly afraid of Men.. My wife got him about 4 years before we met and said he was also afraid to go outside, was afriad of grass and was afraid of her for months.. can you imagine?
I hope this guy gets his due...He'll get it some how, some day..Karma ALways wins in the end!
-zacker-

CruzinGirl
06-19-2006, 11:03 AM
I definitely agree about karma....everything always comes in full circle. The judge decides on June 22....lets keep our fingers crossed that he has the guts to rip these dogs away from this monster.

yammigirl
06-19-2006, 08:38 PM
And you guys make fun of me for hauling these poor dogs out of the Saratoga County Shelter until they get a good permanent home - the need out there is HUGE! There are far more abandonded, adused, dumped animals out there then you can possibly imagine.

Kim - should any of these little guys not get adopted (if the judge releases them from their hell) let me know - there are quite a few foster families with HOPE that can cover till they have permanent homes.

CruzinGirl
06-21-2006, 11:18 AM
And you guys make fun of me for hauling these poor dogs out of the Saratoga County Shelter until they get a good permanent home - the need out there is HUGE! There are far more abandonded, adused, dumped animals out there then you can possibly imagine.

Kim - should any of these little guys not get adopted (if the judge releases them from their hell) let me know - there are quite a few foster families with HOPE that can cover till they have permanent homes.

Actually the amazing part is that they are all pretty much spoken for, but I"ll pass that on to Toni, the head of the Montg. Co. SPCA. I certainly hope that it helps the judge make his decision that we are all ready to give these dogs better lives!!! The date is tomorrow and I'm praying to God that the judge releases them for adoption!!!

IronDuke
06-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Let us know how it goes today Miss. Kimberly.....and good luck!!!!

CruzinGirl
06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Thanks, J!!! I'll be going to the hearing tonight....I'll post up in the morning how things go. Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!!

ATVinBarbie
06-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks, J!!! I'll be going to the hearing tonight....I'll post up in the morning how things go. Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!!

<fingers crossed here> :tup

CruzinGirl
06-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Round one in court down....the judge put his lawyer in her place and the dogs are going to remain at the SPCA until the criminal proceedings, to which the date has yet to be set. We have to go back next Thursday with further documentation of costs and fees related to the care of these dogs and at that time the judge will enter in an order that he pay a bond in that amount (already over $10,000)....he then has 5 business days to do so or he forfeits the animals. I really wish he would just give them up so that they can go to good homes. It is obvious that he does not care about them.

zacker
06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
it sounds as things are looking up... 10 large? he aint gonna pay it.

unless he's loaded or something.
-zacker-

CruzinGirl
06-24-2006, 12:04 AM
So get this....I stopped up to the SPCA after work today with some tennis balls for the dogs. When I got there the manager had left for the day and someone else was there. I gave her the balls to leave for the manager and asked if it was ok if I said hi quick to Quinton. She asked if that was the french bulldog...I said yes....and get this....she said he was in a foster home. News to me, concidering they never mentioned it when I was at court with them last night! When I expressed my surprise that all the dogs had been fostered out she said that yes, he was with the family that was going to adopt him if he became available!!!!!!! I was shocked....this was the first I had heard of anyone else being interested in him, I was the first to fill out any paperwork and nothing was ever said to me about the possibility that he would not go to me, even after I asked specifically. So I'm feeling very betrayed by the Montgomery County SPCA right now and feel that this was a very underhanded way to carry out business. My guess is that this family is either a member of their board or has someone that works there who got them the dog, but even so it isn't right. So my heart is broken that I have fallen in love with this little guy and there is no chance that he will be mine and I'm wondering now when they were even placed and how the SPCA can ask for this guy to pay boarding fees if they don't even physically have the dogs (something they never mentioned in court last night either). So enough of my rant, it obviously wasnt' meant to be and I'm going to be checking into other breed rescue organizations to find my perfect french bulldog.

IronDuke
06-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Miss. K, I'm sorry to hear of the unfortunate turn of events. there's nothing you can do? even tho you turned in the paperwork first? If so that's just not fair... I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you, cause you never know.....You never know......Give a holler if you need anything!!
-Jay

CruzinGirl
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Miss. K, I'm sorry to hear of the unfortunate turn of events. there's nothing you can do? even tho you turned in the paperwork first? If so that's just not fair... I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you, cause you never know.....You never know......Give a holler if you need anything!!
-Jay

Thanks Jay, it appears that there is nothing I can do at this point. I can check into whether or not procedure was followed, which I doubt it was....I am just trying to weigh the problems that my poking and prodding could create for the SPCA in general...what a scandal I could cause if people realized that they are charging boarding fees when the dogs aren't even there and they are giving animals to people based on who you know, not who followed the proper procedures. I'm very torn because even though my heart is broken and I'm very disgusted with the Montgomery County SPCA, if Quinton is in a good home should I continue to fight? That was really the point in the first place I guess. It just sucks for me. I'm looking into other rescue organizations (that maybe have a few more scrupples) that I could go through to get a french bulldog in need of a good home. Perhaps that is the best avenue to persue so that 2 dogs have good homes instead of just one.

zacker
06-26-2006, 06:40 PM
that sucks for sure..i had that happen to me at the new haven animal shelter..i was first on the list for my pick of three sheppard/collie puppies when they were ready to go, i went back two weeks later like i was told and they were all gone. So i went to the North Shore Animal league and got the best dog in the world.. my Mutt Buddy ( who passed on a year ago) I had him for 12 years, he was awesome.. part terrier of some sort and part something.. American eskimo? looked like a small skinny pit bull with big pointy ears and a fluffy fox tail!

Check on line for french bulldog rescue sites. they got sites for all others..if you got alot of land, might I suggest a grey hound...awesome dogs and there are allot of dogs looking ofr a loving home!
-zacker-

CruzinGirl
06-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the advice! I did start checking out french bulldog rescue sites...unfortunately I can't afford to take a lot of them who require extensive medical treatment, but one that is given up for other reasons (moving, baby coming, etc) I can certainly take. There were a few who fit that that I found but they were too far away to go and get. The reason I love the french bulldog is cause their tempermant and behavior fits my lifestyle. I won't be living on my parents farm forever, so I want a dog that can adapt to apartment life and is kinda mellow yet snuggly and fun to play with. I want to make sure that a dog I get is a good match for me, which is why I loved this french bulldog so much...he was perfect. I'll find the right little guy though, and at least this one is in a loving home.

that sucks for sure..i had that happen to me at the new haven animal shelter..i was first on the list for my pick of three sheppard/collie puppies when they were ready to go, i went back two weeks later like i was told and they were all gone. So i went to the North Shore Animal league and got the best dog in the world.. my Mutt Buddy ( who passed on a year ago) I had him for 12 years, he was awesome.. part terrier of some sort and part something.. American eskimo? looked like a small skinny pit bull with big pointy ears and a fluffy fox tail!

Check on line for french bulldog rescue sites. they got sites for all others..if you got alot of land, might I suggest a grey hound...awesome dogs and there are allot of dogs looking ofr a loving home!
-zacker-

ATVinBarbie
06-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Kim, have you talked directly with the manager..... or perhaps gone ABOVE his/her head on this. It's NOT right. and these type actions is what deters people from going there, fallling in love with an animal then having it yanked away without notice. :Hammer

CruzinGirl
06-27-2006, 12:31 PM
It was the manager of the shelter who lied directly to me, and to go over her head would be to go to the board and at this point with this huge case pending its probably not good to bring all of this to light in the public eye....I guess I really had to sit and weigh the pros and cons of persuing this and letting it go and making this organization look underhanded and unreliable while they are testifying in this neglect case of 15 dogs would not help punish the guy who really needs it (I saw some pictures of the dogs as they were seized). So really its probably better in the long run if I let lying dogs lie, so to speak. It really does suck though and it does make me apprehensive of letting myself fall in love with another shelter dog!

ATVinBarbie
06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Huggs to you Kim.... I could tell in the photos your mom took that you fell in love with this dog.

NOT much of a consolation..... but..... what's meant to be is meant to be. You love animals with a very deep passion... a doggy awaits you somewhere hun. ;) :love

CruzinGirl
06-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Thanks Barb!!!! And like my mom said...maybe this was for a reason...maybe he would have a medical bill down the road that would be too much for me or something....so you are right, everything does happen for a reason. I'll find my special little pooch!!!