PDA

View Full Version : Processing

aceman152
06-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Alright, this is more of a graphical question but it pertains to photography and the post processing. If I was to get pictures of all sides of my bike, could I cover colors and test painting designs?

Sorry for being off topic....:confused:

convergent
06-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Alright, this is more of a graphical question but it pertains to photography and the post processing. If I was to get pictures of all sides of my bike, could I cover colors and test painting designs?

Sorry for being off topic....:confused:

I'm not sure I fully understand what you want to do, but I think you want to do "what if" type viewing of your motorcycle with different paint designs. If so, then I think it would require someone with advanced Photoshop skills and/or a specialized software tool to do this. When you look at a picture of a motorcycle with a red tank, the actual color of any pixel on that tank is going to be a slightly different shade of red. There may be thousands of different shades of red there. This is because most colors aren't pure, most light isn't pure, and shadows abound.

Unless I'm just missing something obvious, then I think the simplest thing might be to use a mask with opacity and just tint the colored areas so that the existing color can bleed through. Other than that, i don't know an easy way to do it.

ZR2Blazer
06-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I know this can be done, as I have seen it before.
Basicly what he wants to do is take a picture of the bike and then "change" the colors and paint schemes.

I think it might be easy to do this with a "professional" pic say from the manufactures website. It would make it easier to manipulate than one taken from home.

If I see any examples of this again I will be sure to post up a link :tup

aceman152
06-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Awesome, thanks for lookin into with me!

convergent
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I know this can be done, as I have seen it before.
Basicly what he wants to do is take a picture of the bike and then "change" the colors and paint schemes.

I think it might be easy to do this with a "professional" pic say from the manufactures website. It would make it easier to manipulate than one taken from home.

If I see any examples of this again I will be sure to post up a link :tup

But you are still going to have the problem of bleeding a new color and trying to define where it goes... since there are many shades. You need a tool that's smart enough to do that. There may be a way in PS to do it with an action or something.