PDA

View Full Version : What new features would you like to see at NEF?

convergent
06-03-2006, 08:18 PM
As we are in our first week of operation, we'd love to hear from our charter members as to what features you think would be most useful.

aceman152
06-03-2006, 08:24 PM
All those are such great ideas to add to the forum. I feel the Gallery will grow as time goes on though, along with the hot spots I think we will all discuss where we like to go and where shared pictures were taken. But the tutorials, and product reviews would be my two choices here. I hope I don't sound harsh here.

convergent
06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey, we've only been at it for a few days so nothing is harsh. We want this to be a community... how do they say it? ... by the people, for the people .... If it is going to happen, it will take everyone pitching in what they can. :)

aceman152
06-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I was looking around at some other sites you had posted links to. I was noticing they have "meetings" if you will, every so often. With speakers, demos, sessions, etc. I know some of the people are in the Capital Area and some of us are further away, but still think that could be a good idea...what do you think?

[edit: and by the way I think you guys are doing a great job with the site!!!!!!!]

convergent
06-03-2006, 08:43 PM
That is on the list. We hope to (over time) get a relationship with these clubs so that we can accumulate a huge calendar of shooting opportunities, meetings, workshops, etc. The idea being that you might have a calendar here that had a half dozen shoots you could drive to each weekend! I think that would be incredible. Just like all the other stuff though, it will take time to reach out to these clubs and get them to send us the dates. It certainly would be an impossible task for one of us to try and go to every site and pull them in. I noticed that most of those sites don't have any kind of forum, so we could offer them a private forum here in exchange for their keeping the calendar updated.. maybe... or some other mutual beneficial arrangement.

ProPhotoImages
06-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Although I am not a charter member having just joined in the last couple of days, your ideas are very sound and as (I think) Aceman mentioned a printer area. I don't know whether you were thinking of a forum or just a thread for ideas, tips and help. Either one I think would be a boon to "Newbies". "Advanced" and even "Pros" who could share their favorite papers and how they calibrate their monitors for best printing.

BTW, as a photo administrator on another board which started up in Jan 2006, I did let some of the members there know about NorthEastFoto and left a link and posting on this board but I doubt if you will find many members there coming over here to check it out. Most of the members there get computer help and tips and the photography forum is not very large. If any of you want to check it out you can come to http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=19144 and click on the "Photography Forum". I have also left a link to your board on my own site.
Hope that's alright. If not..I can delete it.

In closing, let me say that I find NorthEastFoto not only eyecatching but almost hymotizing. It keeps drawing you back again and again and that's a good thing.

yammigirl
06-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I have 2 thoughts - 1 - I can assist with posting some photoshop tutorials... and 2nd perhaps a spot for those looking for work for hire, or to post up available jobs or opportunities ?

convergent
06-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Great yammigirl. There is a place to post jobs... http://www.northeastfoto.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=198

CruzinGirl
06-06-2006, 10:41 AM
I'd like to see the photographers pics section added.....I enjoyed uploading all of my pics to one place and being able to look through other peoples pics all organized together.

convergent
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd like to see the photographers pics section added.....I enjoyed uploading all of my pics to one place and being able to look through other peoples pics all organized together.

What exactly are you looking for that we don't already have in the Gallery. It does allow you to look at a particular photographer's pictures. If you just go to their profile, and click on the place where it lists how many photos they have, you are there.

I don't know if there is a way to just list the photographers on one page and let you pick, although there is probably a way to add that to the Member List.

CruzinGirl
06-06-2006, 03:33 PM
What exactly are you looking for that we don't already have in the Gallery. It does allow you to look at a particular photographer's pictures. If you just go to their profile, and click on the place where it lists how many photos they have, you are there.

I don't know if there is a way to just list the photographers on one page and let you pick, although there is probably a way to add that to the Member List.

ahhhh, ok....this is a little different from the other page and I haven't had time to poke around enough to learn all the little quirks yet! Thanks for the info Mike, that's exactly what I was looking for!

IronDuke
06-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Maybe a little off topic, but an artistic Photoshop section type thing? for enhanced images....IE: Desaturated images but some color left in, stuff like that.... (that would probably be under the last section of the gallery?)

ZR2Blazer
06-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Maybe a little off topic, but an artistic Photoshop section type thing? for enhanced images....IE: Desaturated images but some color left in, stuff like that.... (that would probably be under the last section of the gallery?)

You know this is something like what I was thinking we could do soon. I was thinking to help everyone get to learn PSP or PS better we could do little monthly/weekly/bi-weekly challenges :dunno

For example we could post up a picture for the challenge and then everyone could take the pic and do things to it in the programs of choice. :dunno
I think it would be interesting to see the different views from everyone on the same pic....did any of this make sense to anyone :dunno :roflmao:D

aceman152
06-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm pickin up what you're throwin down Ron! It would be a good idea, and then everyone could post what they did, and how they view it....does that make sense?

ATVinBarbie
06-07-2006, 06:08 PM
You know this is something like what I was thinking we could do soon. I was thinking to help everyone get to learn PSP or PS better we could do little monthly/weekly/bi-weekly challenges :dunno

For example we could post up a picture for the challenge and then everyone could take the pic and do things to it in the programs of choice. :dunno
I think it would be interesting to see the different views from everyone on the same pic....did any of this make sense to anyone :dunno :roflmao:D

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME idea! And yeah... you actually made sense... "for once" :lmao

convergent
06-07-2006, 06:22 PM
I think both ideas would be good... artistic processing, as well as processing challenges. Like posting a picture with a defect and see what people can do to fix it.. glare on glasses, distortion, backlit, etc.

ZR2Blazer
06-07-2006, 06:31 PM
yea.....something like that to help some of us (ME) get to learn the software a little better and also we could post a picture and just let everyone go with it and see what they would do with it......ex: some may go B&W, some may add IR, some may remove objects from the pic and place them in different surroundings :dunno
I am just figuring anything to help some of us learn to do things in the software....I know usually if there is a "Challenge" it would be more interesting to learn the software and try out some of the tutorials that we have links to here :cheers

fjcallahan
06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
say i wanted to send a link to a nonmember could it be possable to make it so that they can see the pictures without joining?