PDA

View Full Version : July 7-9 - Sports

convergent
05-31-2006, 09:09 PM
I am in need of photographers and/or assistances for the weekend of 7/7/06-7/9/06 working in the Capital District. You need to have experience shooting action for field sports. You don't necessarily need your own gear, but this can be discussed. Please send me a PM if you are interested.

CruzinGirl
06-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Trish, you should give him a call...I have seen your shots!!!!

convergent
06-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Trish, you should give him a call...I have seen your shots!!!!

She already did... :)

mikey
06-04-2006, 10:59 PM
What kind of event is it?

convergent
06-26-2006, 05:13 PM
I still need some help on this, so if anyone is interested let me know. I can supply equipment and training. By the time you are done, you'll be an expert. :)

zacker
07-12-2006, 08:05 AM
How'd this turn out mike? Was this the soccer game you posted?
-zacker-

convergent
07-12-2006, 08:37 AM
It turned out fine. There were 150 teams in the tournament, so it was a lot of work.... but we made it through. The biggest snag was that the power we thought we'd have, wasn't there... so we had to use an old generator at the last minute. I need to buy a nice Honda generator, but we don't need it that often so I haven't felt the need to spend on it yet.

dye1337
04-05-2007, 10:18 AM
i know i'm a bit late posting here, but if you need a sports photographer sometime feel free to let me know. www.johndohrn.com has a few images from a long time ago (gear and skill has improved since then)

convergent
04-05-2007, 11:13 AM
John, I'll keep you in mind but I'm really trying to find some shooters that are local in the Capital District now. I actually need someone for 4/21 because the person I had lined up just bailed on me. It would be for a league's team and individual pictures. I'll supply all the equipment, the training, and a trained assistant. What I need is someone that likes working with kids and can press a shutter button, and is willing to learn the rest. Please send me a PM if you are interested in this. I really prefer someone fairly close to Albany because we'll need to meet a few times beforehand.

nvr2low
04-05-2007, 11:23 AM
i would love to help out if i was a little closer

convergent
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Yep, that would be a bit far. What I'm looking for is a good amateur that would like to make a few bucks to help offset the cost of your equipment. Over the course of time, I'll need help with action and portrait sessions like this one.

nvr2low
04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
well, if i ever decide im up for the 2 hour drive i will let you know. i think the work would be to offset the price of gas to drive there rather than to pay for equipment. hahaha. the experience would be fun though. if you ever have a big tournament again i would probably make the drive just to get some camera time in that setting.

Holland_patrick
04-05-2007, 03:13 PM
you need me mike?

slappy sam
04-06-2007, 01:26 AM
I sent you a PM - I'm close and very interested in learning. I do not have any professional experience, but I've been shooting for a few years.

twoshadows
06-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Mike,

I'd be happy to give you a hand when you need it. You can always get a hold of me at twoshadows@gmail.com. It's about an hour and a quarter for me to Albany - not too bad. As you know, I've got a lot of my own equipment and a few years experience. I think it would be fun to shoot a large tournament.

Ian

Ken_Allen
08-02-2007, 08:47 PM
Convergent, I can help as much as needed. I'm always available and I'm in Colonie. Please PM me or contact me on AIM whenever you need me!