PDA

View Full Version : New server migration

convergent
11-19-2010, 12:09 PM
We migrated to a new server last evening. Let me know in this thread if you see any problems. We are still using the old server DNS, but will be transitioning that over the next couple of days. I am going to start working on migrating all our scripts to the latest Vbulletin as soon as this is done, so there will be a much different look once that process starts.

zacker
11-19-2010, 10:15 PM
so far so good on my end Mike

convergent
11-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Great... it was out last night for a while, but seems to be OK now. I'm going to work on upgrading the scripts this weekend. I need to get a test instance setup so I can run through all the upgrade steps to make sure they don't break anything. I was just looking at the gallery and there are over 15,000 images in there now... don't want to do anything to cause them to disappear.

Orgnoi1
11-22-2010, 07:38 AM
yup looking pretty good...=)

convergent
11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Well, one setback. I tried to test the script upgrade this weekend, with intentions of actually moving through the whole process. I got the forum updated fine, and then tried the gallery and it blew up on the last step with a database error. That was Saturday and I've been waiting since then to get a support reply from PhotoPost. I hate waiting... Arghhhh....

convergent
12-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I think I have just about worked out the process for upgrading the site and may do it later today. The whole design will basically be lost, and so I will spend a week or so trying to build something back to resemble what we have here now. So don't be alarmed if you come in and see something that doesn't look anything like what we have now for a while. Also, the home page is going to be gone temporarily, and then back with a great article system. Initially I think I'll just redirect the main url to the forum until I get things sorted out... so watch for big changes.