PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a decent P&S

FarknBen
05-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Hello,

Sorry, I haven't been on much. Read the threads here a few times but haven't been posting(or on any other photo site) since getting my first DSLR. I recently went fro the D40 to D200, which I love.

I'm looking to find a good compact. Basically, I'd like it for a few concerts that I'm going to this summer that don't allow interchangeable lenses. They will be during the night(open sky) with many stage lights. U2 and Alice Cooper being the main ones. Being able to fit in a pocket easily like the Nikon P1000 would be a bonus but not necessarily needed. Any suggestions?

BTW, is there a 'donate' link on the site?

nvr2low
05-19-2010, 03:40 PM
i dont know any model numbers off the top of my head, but pretty much anything canon makes will do a great job. I love Nikon, but i will probably never own anything other than Canon P&S's, they seam to always be the best bang for the buck!

Orgnoi1
05-20-2010, 05:44 AM
The PnS thing is always a little bit of a miff to me since I dont get my hands on very many different ones...I know that our two Canons work really nice... those being a SD880 and a G7... with the hat tip to the G7... although that comes with a price since the G series are going to be about double in price of the smaller compacts... we dont actually have a donate button... but you can contact Mike (Convergent) as he owns the site and see if theres that can be done...

FarknBen
05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys! I'm considering either a G7 or Panasonic LX3. The biggest need which I forgot to mention is, low light performance. After much research those 2 seem to be the most capable. It will probably depend on which one is found cheaper with a lean toward the LX3 only for the fact that its smaller.

FYI, read something I found interesting. Sony is releasing a p&s with a dslr sized sensor.