PDA

View Full Version : SD1200 issue

nvr2low
01-03-2010, 09:15 PM
for some reason when i try to transfer photos off my 1200 to my pc windows explorer locks up and resets. i dont have any problems at work running XP, im running vista on my laptop. i havent installed any software, just plugged the camera in like i do my d300. does canon need something special installed to transfer photos?

Aster
01-03-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm not an expert at all when it comes to this stuff, but what about trying Firefox or something instead of explorer?

nvr2low
01-04-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm not an expert at all when it comes to this stuff, but what about trying Firefox or something instead of explorer?

i use firefox, its not internet explorer its windows explorer. basically the main windows system locks up but if you dont have vista im sure you probably haven't seen it happen. i have never seen it on XP.

JustinL
01-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I use card readers for ALL my camera file transfers. It's always been quicker than just plugging in the camera. $15 should get you a 6-in-one or something close.

nvr2low
01-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I use card readers for ALL my camera file transfers. It's always been quicker than just plugging in the camera. $15 should get you a 6-in-one or something close.

thats the plan next time i get to the store, oddly my card reader at work wont recognize that its even plugged in though. i have to plug the camera in at work, but it does work that way.

stoneylonesome
01-04-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm running Vista on my PC and XP on my Laptop, with no problem downloading, I do use a card reader on the lap and the built in card reader on the PC. I also download using Canon's zoombrowser, which is also a very good photo album inventory. You can also try installing the zoombrowser program off the Canon disk that came with the camera.