PDA

View Full Version : microSDHC Question

Ravenxl7
12-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site, but I think I've got this in the right section.

I recently bought a Nikon Coolpix s203 digital camera and a Lexar 4gb microSDHC card w/SD adapter. My question is, will this card work with my camera?

I haven't taken the card out of it's packaging, so that if it isn't compatible I can just return/exchange it for one that will be. From what I can tell, my camera is compatible with SDHC cards, but I'm not sure if that also means it's also compatible with the microSDHC cards or not.

Size wise, the card came with an adapter to make it the size of a normal SD/SDHC card, but it's the formatting of the card I'm nto sure about. I'm not sure if the formatting for the microSDHC cards is any different from SDHC cards.

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.

NYracefan
12-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Should work fine, but if you check the manual that came with the camera it should have a list of approved cards for that model.

Orgnoi1
12-02-2009, 08:51 AM
So you actually answered my question from your other post... so now I will answer yours on this one ;)

While its certainly not the first suggestion I would say to use the micro and adaptor will work absolutely fine in your camera. Generally you would just want to get the exact fitted media just because its one less piece to the puzzle when you are uploading to your computer...

Once you get your card in the camera you are going to want the camera to format the card. This is done by going to MENU, then to the Wrench... then "Format Memory/Format Card"... this should definately be done before you take any pictures... and should be done periodically to prevent image corruption on your card. Just be sure to remove all the images you have on the card before you do it as you will lose everything on there.

Hope that helps!

Ravenxl7
12-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the help.

It's not the prefered/recomended card, but it does work. Just tested it out, after formating it, and it works perfectly fine with my camera. It was only $10, so now that I know it works with my camera, I'm quite happy with it. Plus, if I ever get a phone, or something else that works with the micro card without needing the adapter, I'll already have one to use.