PDA

View Full Version : Errors on home page

convergent
11-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi all, I am doing some server upgrades to prepare for a likely move to the new vBulletin 4.0 and it looks like we ran into a PHP compatibility problem with the current scripts. The errors shouldn't cause any problems, and only seem to be showing on the home page, so if you find other problems, let me know. It will probably be several days before I get a chance to debug it, and I'm not sure if I can fix it within the current version we are running. Sorry for the inconvenience.

applerdkennels
11-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Thank you for your work you do here to keep things running so well!
It is appreciated!!

photographicfireman
11-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I got a message that popped up saying Ross was selected to purchase me a new camera. That's not an error right? should be good Im assuming.

convergent
11-17-2009, 08:03 AM
Yep, he's buying you a Mark IV I believe. :)

I did find and repair the error so all should be good now. I have also gotten vBulletin 4.0 running on a test instance and will begin working on a skin so we can migrate to it. It is a substantial upgrade to the forum that includes a full blogging and content management system, as well as a lot more social networking capabilities. It is still in beta, so don't expect this to happen in the next couple of weeks, but we will definitely be moving to it sometime in the next few months.

lrp12196
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Yep, he's buying you a Mark IV I believe. :)

I did find and repair the error so all should be good now. I have also gotten vBulletin 4.0 running on a test instance and will begin working on a skin so we can migrate to it. It is a substantial upgrade to the forum that includes a full blogging and content management system, as well as a lot more social networking capabilities. It is still in beta, so don't expect this to happen in the next couple of weeks, but we will definitely be moving to it sometime in the next few months.

That sounds exciting! Can't wait. The admin staff here does good work. :rock

Although, I would like one of those Ross error messages..............:happy

Orgnoi1
11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
LOL that error is an error... Ross isnt even buying HIMSELF a camera... let alone YOU guys...LOL

lrp12196
11-17-2009, 03:03 PM
LOL that error is an error... Ross isnt even buying HIMSELF a camera... let alone YOU guys...LOL

Bah humbug.