PDA

View Full Version : Question about copying and scanning

k10387
10-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Back in the late 80's and early 90's I shot mainly slide film, mostly ektachrome which I processed at home and some kodachrome. I did shoot ocassionally with print film too. Last weekend, I was going through an old file cabinet in the basement and came across a lot of slides and prints from back in those days. Has anyone had any luck with the scanners that are available now for slides and negatives ? Are they worth the time it will take to scan hundreds of images ? Also, is there anyway to clean slides ? I have some that both moisture and dust got at. They're in plastic mounts so removing the actual film won't be a problem but i'm not sure of what solution to use to clean them without damaging the image. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Orgnoi1
10-24-2009, 10:41 PM
I have used both Canon and Epson scanners and they have both been extremely good at scanning slides and negs... the canon was more simple to use... and the epson better end quality... the price being a huge factor difference as the canons run around $160 and my epson around $600....