PDA

View Full Version : DVD Format for TV..

zacker
04-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Ok, I have owned a Sony Mini DV for about 6 years now, never have i actually down loaded any movies (video) from it for dvd.. on my TV, I tried once but when i looked at it on tv it was all crappy and pixillated.. it was fine on the computer though.. I cant seem to figure this all out. I know i must be using the wrong settings. I used NTSC. but im not sure if im supposed to use something else? did i shoot it in the right format? when i play it out of the cam its fine.. maybe i messed a setting in my software (windows movie maker and i also used windows Media player) the crappy Sony imageing software that came with it never worked right, i can pull the video off the cam but not the audio.. so i have never really tried to use that. So, what setings should i be using for the vid to look good on a NORMAL tv.. no LCD or flat screen ot wide.. just a straight, 36 in tube tv.. what video res. and size, NTSC or PAL? anything else? thanks!

Orgnoi1
04-17-2009, 06:04 AM
I think I would send "kevh182" a message via PM because he doesnt come around much ... hes a personal friend of mine from the area though and he specializes in video... works for a local TV station as a video editor...

zacker
04-17-2009, 06:45 AM
I might have too, lol I see these little kids with 2$ worth of equipment posting video all over the place and people making dvd's from their VHS tapes... I get a camera and software specifically designed for this and STILL cant do it... lol