PDA

View Full Version : contest!

nvr2low
03-05-2009, 12:07 PM
i think we may have tried this before but it didnt go far. now that are community is growing maybe we need to try something like this again so im snagging an idea from another forum im on.

since winter is coming to an end, and i have barley used my camera, im sure others are in the same boat, i need some motivation to get out and shoot something. any one interested in doing a contest, we post a topic, 1 or 2 weeks to submit a photo, then we all vote for the one we like the best? the winner picks the next topic.

any takers? topic ideas?

BobHett
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Count me in :)

Irishpub3
03-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Sounds fun.. I'm game!

Although... no calling an end to winter yet! I still need a few more hundred miles on my sled before I'm ready to lock it in the trailor for another year! lol

nvr2low
03-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Sounds fun.. I'm game!

Although... no calling an end to winter yet! I still need a few more hundred miles on my sled before I'm ready to lock it in the trailor for another year! lol

haha!

just saying its getting close, there is almost no snow on the ground here. im sure a couple miles north of me is still well covered though!

Orgnoi1
03-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Derric are you volunteering to run the contests? ;)

nvr2low
03-05-2009, 04:23 PM
i guess i could make sure it keeps going and stays on track if people are going to participate.

amphoto
03-06-2009, 04:38 PM
You can count me in, I would also like to see a weekly or biweekly photo assignment, there would be no judgeing or voting, between the two I think it would maybe get some people out and shoot who are maybe feeling a little cabin fever, just a thought.
Don

nvr2low
03-06-2009, 05:16 PM
this is just for fun voting, basically it is a biweekly assignment, just the winner of the public vote picks the next topic.

trnbaron
03-06-2009, 11:46 PM
hey sounds like fun any chace of making it every 2 weeks instead of every week i work alot an dont get to shoot during the week

Aster
03-07-2009, 12:37 AM
You can count me in, I would also like to see a weekly or biweekly photo assignment, there would be no judgeing or voting, between the two I think it would maybe get some people out and shoot who are maybe feeling a little cabin fever, just a thought.
Don

This is a great idea! I have hardly picked up my camera this winter, and I know this would help get me out there. :D

nvr2low
03-07-2009, 09:44 AM
hey sounds like fun any chace of making it every 2 weeks instead of every week i work alot an dont get to shoot during the week

its going to be every 2 weeks. i plan on it being something like the 1st to the 15th, and the 16th to the last day of the month.

amphoto
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
this is just for fun voting, basically it is a biweekly assignment, just the winner of the public vote picks the next topic.
I understand about just for fun contest and I think it's a great idea and plan to participate, thanks for starting it.
I only mentioned about a weekly or biweekly assignment because some people might not like to enter contests and on a assignment thread you can post as many photos as you like ( well maybe limit 1 a day) and included how you took the shot and any other techical info that might help others.

nvr2low
03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I understand about just for fun contest and I think it's a great idea and plan to participate, thanks for starting it.
I only mentioned about a weekly or biweekly assignment because some people might not like to enter contests and on a assignment thread you can post as many photos as you like ( well maybe limit 1 a day) and included how you took the shot and any other techical info that might help others.

hmmm. i see what you are saying. we could try an assignment thing as well, i will need help with ideas as we get under way.

trnbaron
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM
heres a first subject idea its mud season for us all now so how about MUD