PDA

View Full Version : Waterfalls in Stillwater, NY

kdenkers
09-29-2008, 07:26 PM
I heard from someone that there was a few waterfalls in Stillwater... but I have not found anything anywhere.. Does anyone have any ideas of where they could be?

Thanks
Kris

zacker
09-29-2008, 08:43 PM
well, with a name like "Still water" id say there were none....lol

kdenkers
09-30-2008, 07:01 AM
thats what I am thinking too.. sigh

oldnavy170
09-30-2008, 11:57 PM
well, with a name like "Still water" id say there were none....lol

Hehehehe.....too funny!!!! :)

fjcallahan
10-02-2008, 07:48 AM
i only know of one and its deep in the woods between castle drive and hillside trailer park. iv been wanted to hike back and take some pic.s but just havnt got to it yet.

kdenkers
10-02-2008, 07:50 AM
I know exactly where that it too :) thanks!

Orgnoi1
10-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I dont know of any in Stillwater besides the falls on the river... but here is a published list for Saratoga County...

http://www.nyfalls.com/waterfalls.html#Saratoga_County

kdenkers
10-02-2008, 07:55 AM
thanks for the link, that's an awesome link! Castle road is right next to where my horses are.. so I will just drop by and scope it out when I am at the barn this weekend.

MrsCL
10-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Went to one yesturday...got to go over Hempstreet bridge that way....we will go...its really nothing big tho...

kdenkers
10-02-2008, 06:46 PM
I got the low down on the one off of Castle Road... first of all, don't go alone, it had dangerous cliffs. The Trailer park sewer runs into it as well... its a tough hike... I still want to go.. it borders on the farm where I keep my horse. Eventually I will go..:)

kdenkers
10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh cool! You know I would have went with you

MrsCL
10-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I didnt know where it was and the girl who I took pictures of showed me when I dropped off the CD of her shots to her. You were at work.....:(

Oh cool! You know I would have went with you

kdenkers
10-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Work.. blah!
I want to go to that one we were talking about in Stillwater.. but I am really not a fan of sewers.. yuck!

MrsCL
10-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Ya me neither! gross!

Work.. blah!
I want to go to that one we were talking about in Stillwater.. but I am really not a fan of sewers.. yuck!

fjcallahan
10-03-2008, 03:18 PM
i used to play in that creek all the time, maybe thats whats wrong with me lol. i was talking to a guy at my work and he said it isnt much of a waterfall anymore. i dont know how true it is. i havnt been there in about 15 years. im not sure if im talking about the same falls as MrsCL but if you go across hemstreet bridge in mechanicville, follow 67 heading east for a few miles till you hit buttermilk falls rd. turn on that and there is 2 small falls on that road. one is hard to find, its on the right side of road across a small field the other you cant miss its right next to the road.
I got the low down on the one off of Castle Road... first of all, don't go alone, it had dangerous cliffs. The Trailer park sewer runs into it as well... its a tough hike... I still want to go.. it borders on the farm where I keep my horse. Eventually I will go..:)

MrsCL
10-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes that is the one I went to...the one right off the road....

There is falls in Schadacoke (I know I spelled that wrong lol) also...called the star...used to go there swimming when I was a kid....I forgot about them...

i used to play in that creek all the time, maybe thats whats wrong with me lol. i was talking to a guy at my work and he said it isnt much of a waterfall anymore. i dont know how true it is. i havnt been there in about 15 years. im not sure if im talking about the same falls as MrsCL but if you go across hemstreet bridge in mechanicville, follow 67 heading east for a few miles till you hit buttermilk falls rd. turn on that and there is 2 small falls on that road. one is hard to find, its on the right side of road across a small field the other you cant miss its right next to the road.

Orgnoi1
10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Oh yeah... forgot all about the star... that would be a COOL place to shoot at...