PDA

View Full Version : NEF Book and DVD Sharing Club

convergent
09-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I've had this wild idea for quite a while now and have been trying to figure out how we could do it. I'm going to put it on here for discussion and see if more minds might be able to come up with something that would work. I have a couple of shelves full of photography books and DVD training materials. Most of them spend way more time sitting, than being watched or read. I am guessing that other NEF members have the same situation. My thought was that we somehow create a "combined" bookshelf. Or, we somehow pool our resources to buy some books, or donate some books/dvds to a NEF community bookshelf. Then we keep a running list on here somewhere and a waiting list of who gets it next... whoever has it picks up the shipping to get it to the next reader. The big concern with this is that you never get it back and the person disappears after receiving it. Most of us on here I think are pretty reliable, but it is an open site to anyone... so there is the risk that we lose our materials. I'd hate to lose a DVD set I payed $100 for. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

nvr2low
09-25-2008, 11:50 AM
its an interesting idea. i like the idea, but like you said, there is that risk.

zacker
09-25-2008, 12:59 PM
its an interesting idea. i like the idea, but like you said, there is that risk.

yeah, and its not like you can pick who gets what on the basis of trust..lol

I only have a couple books and no DVDS... :(

CruzinGirl
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
The only ideas that came to my mind probably wouldn't be considered legal :Hammer so I'll just keep humming the theme song to Mr Roger's Neighborhood to myself and move on to another post, lol:D

convergent
09-25-2008, 04:13 PM
The only ideas that came to my mind probably wouldn't be considered legal :Hammer so I'll just keep humming the theme song to Mr Roger's Neighborhood to myself and move on to another post, lol:D

Yep, we are talking about photography training materials here... not other types of books and DVDs. ;)

oldnavy170
09-25-2008, 09:56 PM
I think its a wonderful idea. You could make it available to members with a certain post count or you could do it if your a member for so many months. Plus, when you ship books, you can ship media mail and that is cheaper.