PDA

View Full Version : Adobe CS4 ??

zacker
09-04-2008, 08:35 PM
http://blogs.adobe.com/rufus/2008/09/adobe_creative_suite_4_cs4_to.html

wow.... break out the plastic!!

oldnavy170
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Well will that drop the price on CS3? God, I can only hope! ;)

convergent
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeh, this kind of frosts me to be honest. As you may recall I tried to buy the upgrade to CS3 for the Mac, now about 2 weeks ago. I STILL don't have it, and I've been charged for it twice. I've sent in four different "letters of destruction" and the last round they said that I used the wrong form... the form that the told me to use. I've used several different forms that all have the exact same info on them. I'm starting to get pretty ticked off about it, and now there may be a new version out before I even get what I bought. I honestly haven't used Photoshop now in about 6 months, because I do everything in Lightroom. But, I want to keep a current copy for the rare occaision when I want to do something special. I guess we'll find out on the 23rd what this is about. Anyone buying a new camera that is out after the 23rd (like the 50D for example) may be forced to buy this in order to get RAW support for the new cameras. We'll see.

convergent
09-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Well will that drop the price on CS3? God, I can only hope! ;)

Not really... Adobe moves to the next version and drops the old. You might still find it in surplus software sales organizations, but I doubt it. Honestly, the most inexpensive way to acquire Photoshop is if you are a student. Students I believe can get the entire creative suite for under $100.

nvr2low
09-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Not really... Adobe moves to the next version and drops the old. You might still find it in surplus software sales organizations, but I doubt it. Honestly, the most inexpensive way to acquire Photoshop is if you are a student. Students I believe can get the entire creative suite for under $100.

looks like im signing up for a couple classes! haha.

zacker
09-05-2008, 07:22 AM
just find a friend with a .edu email and youre good to go..supposedly. even folks who work for a college should have a .edu email..

slappy sam
09-05-2008, 09:22 AM
just find a friend with a .edu email and youre good to go..supposedly. even folks who work for a college should have a .edu email..

True. I paid $170 for a student license of the collection (photoshop, illustrator, tons of other stuff)

nvr2low
09-05-2008, 09:25 AM

is that all it takes is a .edu email? this could be easier than i thought!

JustinL
09-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Figures, I just bought a CS3 book last night (by Kelby of course) and now CS4 is coming out.

zacker
09-05-2008, 11:42 AM
well I wont be giving up the ghost on my cs3 for a long while... lol

oldnavy170
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM

Really? I work for a College and my work email ends in .edu, now I want to know where to go and buy it. I know I can't go through our online bookstore because I would have to be a student to get it at our bookstore. Does anyone have another link that I could use my work email to get it?

zacker
09-05-2008, 02:05 PM
try adobe's site i think youll need to go directly through them.

convergent
09-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I don't think you can go through Adobe. The only place I've seen the low prices is through the college bookstore type things.

Barry Horn
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Really? I work for a College and my work email ends in .edu, now I want to know where to go and buy it. I know I can't go through our online bookstore because I would have to be a student to get it at our bookstore. Does anyone have another link that I could use my work email to get it?

I bought CS2 a few years ago through the academic superstore for half price since I have a son who is a student. Try this link, if it doesn't work just look for Academic Super Store or ask me and I'll try to find a better one.

Disclaimer: Don't have a child just to get this discount. It isn't worth it.

academicsuperstore@academicsuperstore.messages3.co m

zacker
09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
$299.00 for cs3 extended through the Adobe education store.. but CS3 extended only.. not the less expensive plain old CS3.

https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/index.cfm?store=OLS-EDU&nr=0

Barry Horn
09-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Okay, now for the easy part.
So go to academicsuperstore.com. Whew.

Barry Horn
09-05-2008, 02:31 PM
I believe people who work for academic institutions are eligible.
I do have two sons who are available for purchase. No returns!

convergent
09-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Well, I just made my 8th or 9th call to Adobe on this, and it seems like it "might" be settled now, but it is still going to be several weeks before they will ship it to me. Don't even want to try and understand that. Meanwhile I actually ordered a download license 2 weeks ago. Good thing this wasn't a life or death situation I needed it for. At the end of the call today I asked about what happens with CS4, and much to my surprise (read... I'll believe it when I see it sitting on my desk), she said I'll get a free upgrade to CS4. Yippeee... We'll see.

oldnavy170
09-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Okay, now for the easy part.
So go to academicsuperstore.com. Whew.

My first chance I am going to try this! I would love to get the program for under $200. Thanks for the link.

Barry Horn
09-05-2008, 03:48 PM
My first chance I am going to try this! I would love to get the program for under $200. Thanks for the link.

$200 is more the upgrade price. I think full Photoshop will cost about $90 more.

chefdave
09-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Damn I didn't know all it took was an edu e-mail. I know a bunch of peeps with thise. Hell I shoot for colleges.......

StudioCMC
09-24-2008, 08:35 PM
As well the student edition is a lot less money, however you have to swear that you will never use it for Profit.. I did that back at Photoshop 6.0

CS4 is coming out, and there are LOTS of videos already availible for the new cool features for Camera RAW 5.0, Bridge 4.0, and all the new cool features of CS4.

For the biggest visuals is now the need to know the icons for the Levels, Channels and all that is now Icon based. The render engine for any image is now hardware driven. So those with less powerful Video cards will need to upgrade to a more lofty video card. As the smooth transition (for zoom features) is now less clunky and the images are razor sharp.

On the fly rotation is now a new feature.

Filter wise, nothing new, and as always you need to see if your plugins still work for CS4, as many people expect them to work flawlessly.

If you are a NAPP member you can also get a 15% discount on CS4, everything is expected to ship on October 10th.

I paid $175.10 for my upgrade from CS3.

I cant wait to see what this can do now!

See the updates here:

http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1556v1686

Here is the Release (from las Vegas Photoshop world)
http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1556v1715

Chris

StudioCMC
09-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Here is a real close view of Bridge, and its features.:

http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1483v1648

http://tv.adobe.com/#vi+f1483v1647

zacker
09-24-2008, 09:24 PM
i wonder how much of a resource hog it is over CS3? i dont think id be able to run CS4 on my machine.... lol