PDA

View Full Version : Opteka grip...

ChrisG
08-17-2008, 08:12 PM
i have an opteka grip for my XT, and it has worked......ok. besides the glitch where i cant change my Av sometimes, it has served me well.

well today i charged the batteries before the jet show, and about 5 min into shooting, camera up and died. luckily i had my spare canon battery with me so i tossed that in and was good to go, just with a tiny, awkward ungripped camera haha.

anyone have this happen with their grip? are my batteries toast?

convergent
08-18-2008, 07:47 AM
I've only ever used a Canon grip, and I know that sometimes they can have a connection problem with the body. I'd try removing it and trying to clean the contacts with a pencil eraser and then reattaching it securely. If not that, I'm not sure what it could be.

ChrisG
08-18-2008, 01:00 PM
hmm thats a good point i will check that tonight. makes sense because it was working fine with full batt, then completely dead.

J.W.
08-18-2008, 04:08 PM
i have the canon, havent had any problems with it.

zacker
08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
i saw a thing on the problems with the grips for the 20D.. there is a tiny button near the part that goes into the cam and it needs to be pused down and held but the plastic of the grips were too flimsy and the grip would flex, causing the button to pop up just enough to cut power.

ChrisG
08-19-2008, 09:23 AM
hmm thanks very much for the input.....was there a mention of a possible solution?

ChrisG
08-19-2008, 09:14 PM
cleaned the contacts, and its back working again, thanks guys!