PDA

View Full Version : Batch Resizing?

Orgnoi1
08-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Hey all... I need some quick help... I have been taking pictures for our 2008 Contract Verizon/CWA Negotiations/Strike and want to get them all up on the webpage... I never do any batch work... usually its one-for-one processing...

How in the heck do I batch resize and/or batch rotate?

Any help IS appreciated!!!

JayVig
08-09-2008, 09:04 AM
open one, do it manually but record an action.

CS3 should turn your pics right side up when you open them anyway. then a alt-ctrl-i will bring up the resize window.

zacker
08-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Ok, what jay says, open a pic in PS.. open the actions window (Window>actions) click on the upper right corner to open the options menue, click "new Action" and name it something like 4x6, the record button down below should now be red (recording) now crop your pic to the desired size, once done, hit the stop button next to record. close the pic. now make a new folder and name it something like "re sized" and stick it on the desk top... go back to PS and click file>automate>batch.. in the batch screen, choose the folder option under the source tab and choose the folder the pics are in, choose the folder option undel the destination tab and choose "resized" folder. now up top, scroll through the actions till you see your new action and choose it. hit ok and it should start opening them and resizing them automatically. I hope.... lol

convergent
08-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Don't you have Lightroom? That is going to be by far the easiest way to do it and you can do any correction at the same time.

You can also do it with Irfanview too I believe, and that is free. http://www.irfanview.com/ The nice thing with Irfanview is that it can do lossless rotation if that is all you want to do.

Every time I've ever tried to do it with PS actions, I get the prompts for JPEG quality when it tries to save the image. There is probably a way to avoid that but I never figured it out.

Orgnoi1
08-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I do have lightroom... and irfanview... but still never have done it in either.... I definately am not comfortable with my abilities in Lightroom though... so either way I still have no clue how to do it...

convergent
08-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Well with Lightroom, you'd do this.

1. Import images into Lightroom
2. Go through the images in Develop mode and make and crops or corrections you want.
3. Select the images that you want to batch process.
4. Save the images and then set the size you want he output to be.