PDA

View Full Version : Spill the beans

MrsCL
06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Ok I know all your photo bugs know of sites that have great deals on cameras....Im looking for a Nikon D50 body only. So please spill the beans and share Thanks :D :D :D :D hehehe

nvr2low
06-03-2008, 10:13 AM
if you can find me $1700 so i can get my d300 i will hook you up with a good deal on a very nice used d50!

i would try to find a local camera shop that has one, they should be fairly cheap since they have been outdated for a year + now.

ChrisG
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
adorama or B&H have great prices. id be careful of the "too good to be true" prices, they usually are and most people end up getting screwed in some way

convergent
06-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Call Allens Camera in PA. They don't have an online. They are going to be the best buying experience. Do a search on NEF on Allens and you will find many recommendations from Ross, myself, and others. And the best part for you is that you can get stuff overnight pretty cheap. First off, they are not in NY like the big NYC shops so no sales tax... then you have the benefit that if they ship it UPS ground, it will most likely be on your doorstep the next day. I've never ordered anything from Allens and not had it get to my house in Albany the next day... even ordering at 3 in the afternoon. Tell them that NortheastFoto recommended them.

zacker
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
and before you buy from an internet site, check their ratings at resellerratings.com to be sure they arent shady! also, keep in mind that if there are alot of bad reviews and then a bunch of good to great reviews in a row, dont believe them, its the store employees or owners or friends leaving good responses. be cautious.. shop around, B&H has the "Bill me later" that i use all the time instead of my credit card.. 3 months to pay it off with 0 interest.

ChrisG
06-03-2008, 01:12 PM
<snip>

B&H has the "Bill me later" that i use all the time instead of my credit card.. 3 months to pay it off with 0 interest.oh whyd you have to go and say that :drool

zacker
06-03-2008, 01:20 PM
lol chris.... it is really usefull...

ChrisG
06-03-2008, 01:30 PM
lol chris.... it is really usefull...not to my wallet:o:

convergent
06-03-2008, 01:57 PM
and before you buy from an internet site, check their ratings at resellerratings.com to be sure they arent shady!

I'm not sure if you'll find Allens on resellerratings, because they aren't a traditional online retailer. But I rank Allens far above any other reseller. I only go to B&H or Adorama if I need something really off the wall that Allens doesn't have, and its pretty hard to find something that they don't have actually.

MrsCL
06-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks all for the input! I really appreciate it

Orgnoi1
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
+1 for Allens... you cant go wrong with them...

oldnavy170
06-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Well here is my input........Amazon.com (however, always make sure it is sold by amazon and not a 3rd party) B&H, and of course........Allens (I just bought my 85mm 1.8 from them and his price was cheaper then even B&H and he was a nice guy to talk with on the phone and by email). Just check out all those sites and see who has the best price.