PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Fun...

JUMPquick
03-25-2008, 01:09 PM
So I picked up the Bamboo Fun tablet back in January...

Is anyone else using it?

JayVig
03-25-2008, 01:19 PM
I have a Wacom Graphire.

JUMPquick
03-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Sweet! Do you use it all the time or just when you have nitty gritty stuff?

JayVig
03-25-2008, 01:26 PM
i don't use it for very large areas. a mouse is just as quick. i use it whenever i need precision whether it's small areas or a precise edge.

JerseyMutt
03-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Man..I'm glad this thread wasn't what I thought it was. I saw bamboo fun and had horrible flashbacks of time spent in a Singapore prison.

JUMPquick
03-25-2008, 05:10 PM
LMAO! :doh

Man..I'm glad this thread wasn't what I thought it was. I saw bamboo fun and had horrible flashbacks of time spent in a Singapore prison.

Orgnoi1
03-25-2008, 05:44 PM
I will say... that I NEVER use my tablet... I really dont feel I have the precision I do with my mouse... I may keep it... or may not...

JayVig
03-25-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure what the difference is with the bamboo. is it the simpler, more "fun" line? Seems like they're phasing out the graphire line.

Ross, what kind do you have and how serious are you about getting rid of it?

JUMPquick
03-25-2008, 08:09 PM
I think the Bamboo Fun actually has more cababilities than the Bamboo... not sure what the dealio is with the name.

Mine was like a hundred bucks at Best Buy... came with a pen and a mouse to use with the tablet.... and came with a bunch of software, too... including a full-version of PS Elements. Also, Wacom has deals with some of the software providers so if you have a tablet product you get a ginormous discount off the software.

I think it was like HALF off for PhotoShop CS3....

I'm not sure what the difference is with the bamboo. is it the simpler, more "fun" line? Seems like they're phasing out the graphire line.

Ross, what kind do you have and how serious are you about getting rid of it?

zacker
03-25-2008, 08:12 PM
i use my tab ALL the time... its excellent for getting ito tight spots and such and working fast... coupled with keyboard short cuts..you can fly along in PS.

oldnavy170
03-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I will say... that I NEVER use my tablet... I really dont feel I have the precision I do with my mouse... I may keep it... or may not...

Want to sell? ;) I have wanted one for awhile now.

JayVig
03-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd like to make my graphire mobile and keep it in the laptop bag and get an Intuos in 9x12 or 12x19. One day I'll get a Cintiq. Now THOSE are awesome.

JUMPquick
03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Ohhhhh yeah... crazy expensive though. I wish there was a little more real estate on mine but for the price, can't beat it.

convergent
03-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Want to sell? ;) I have wanted one for awhile now.

I actually have two... one that I was planning to sell for a while now. The one I want to sell is the Wacom Graphire3 which I think is 4x5 and connects via USB. I upgraded to a larger Wacom Intuos is the only reason I stopped using it. I can make you a good deal on it if you are interested.

JayVig
03-26-2008, 11:27 AM
My graphire is a 3 at the 4x5 size and just like you Mike I want go to a larger Intuos - bigger size, twice the pressure points, customizable buttoms.

Jaimie, if Mike's selling a price you can handle get it. It's a great starter tablet to decide if tablet life is for you.

oldnavy170
03-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I actually have two... one that I was planning to sell for a while now. The one I want to sell is the Wacom Graphire3 which I think is 4x5 and connects via USB. I upgraded to a larger Wacom Intuos is the only reason I stopped using it. I can make you a good deal on it if you are interested.

Awesome.........pm sent.