PDA

View Full Version : Critique Wanted - Odd Close Ups

Irishpub3
03-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I like to get close up on insects and animals - anything that's alive and interesting looking (not really into inanimate objects much)... it's often hard to get the angles and framing you want, the models just don't cooperate! I especially liked this shot - the others I tood had too much 'hands' in them and it threw the color and overall affect of the shot off... I'm wondering what everyone thinks of this shot... from a technical aspect, but also from a creative aspect....

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/4/5/DSC_5443ee2.jpg

Orgnoi1
03-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Well this one I will say 100% for sure that the hand is distracting to the shot... technically speaking the lizard is in focus and sharp to the eyes... I may not have shot it so directly sideways as the eye is showing both of your flash pops in reflection... but overall still really good...

StudioCMC
03-19-2008, 01:38 PM
I would agree that the hand is aslo a distraction.
I see the shot has a flash in the catechlight, and it is overdriving the black scales. Perhaps a slight contrast adjustment or curves to offset the lighting?

Great DOF, and detail in the eyes, of this interesting subject.

Chris

oldnavy170
03-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Wow, great detail.......super sharp. I agree with Ross that the hand is distracting.