PDA

View Full Version : Infrared

JustinL
02-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know of a P&S that has IR included ? I had a co-worker ask me... I showed him the Canon G9 and I think he might forget about IR altogether now:D

The IR I'm used to you have to modify your camera and it'll only shoot IR. Anyone else know anything?

StudioCMC
02-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Most point and shoot cameras have IR beams to set the autofocus to search for the subject. So Its not very likely they would develop a camera that is IR when that would defeat the sensor.

Which is why an SLR body with a manual focus is the big thing. I am speaking off the cuff here. But I have never heard of such an animal.

Chris

Orgnoi1
02-26-2008, 11:35 AM
You can set up a P&S to shoot IR only just like a DSLR.... it goes through the same treatment as the DSLR would... but I know that you can also use filters if there is a way to fasten them... such as with the Pro-1 and G7/9 with the extension piece...

zacker
02-26-2008, 01:32 PM
what Ross said... youd need to either convert one or have it done or buy it already converted... there are places who sell em done or will convert it for you . Ross posted a few a few weeks ago.