PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in another Magic Wings group meet up???

Orgnoi1
12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Trish and I were discussing having another Magic Wings get together... if there is interest of course...

For those that havent been... its a Butterfly Conservatory in MA... they have thousands of butterflies there all year long... its a macro target rich environment...

Here are some of the threads with shots:
http://www.northeastfoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7733

http://www.northeastfoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7714

http://www.northeastfoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7681

And the last group shoot thread:
http://www.northeastfoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6922

Answer up by poll if you are definately interested...

Irishpub3
12-28-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm in... I'm dying to shoot some macro again :drool :)

nvr2low
12-28-2007, 08:55 AM
depending on the timing i would like to try and check it out!

stoneylonesome
12-28-2007, 09:39 AM
I'd love to go, and depending on whats going on I'll definitly try to make it.

zacker
12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
i cant make it that day, ill be sick, or working, or out of the country, or on a cruise, or my cam will be at canon getting cleaned, i dropped my macro lens...both of them, my foot hurts, my jaw was busted, i lost a tooth, my shoes hurt my feet, my dog ate it, i was in a fire, my car broke down...ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!
lol can we go sometime in march?

KDN
12-28-2007, 10:24 AM
LOL Zacker!

I'm interested, as everyone else it all depends on when... and how broke I am LOL

Orgnoi1
12-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I am glad you got all your practice up for the inevitable excuses...LOL

zacker
12-28-2007, 10:27 AM
LOL Zacker!

I'm interested, as everyone else it all depends on when... and how broke I am LOL

Hey, who's the new girl :confused:

oh its KDN... Hi ya K!! :D
where ya been!

oldnavy170
12-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Well how long of a drive would that be for me? I don't really do Macro shots but I would love to do a meet-up.

Orgnoi1
12-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Its quite a drive... but worth every second... we will be planning it for a sunday so you would want to stay in the hotel Saturday night (like the rest of us)... we will then be getting there early on the day of the shoot and will have the place for a couple hours to ourselves... no one outside NEF will be shooting.

Here is their webpage:
http://www.magicwings.com/

oldnavy170
12-28-2007, 07:58 PM
I just mapped it from the address I got off the website and it is almost a 6 hour drive for me.........mmmmm, I just don't know. I wish we could do one closer to NY, like somewhere between Albany and Rochester. (but hey, I'm only one person......just dreaming.....:))

Cap'nFred
12-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I would be interested in going also....I would just need to know in advance what date you decide on... I have plans for only a few weekend dates and hopefully whatever date that is set will work out with my schedule. I really would love to try some macro so let's hope the date works out for me.. Fred

nvr2low
12-29-2007, 09:59 AM
I just mapped it from the address I got off the website and it is almost a 6 hour drive for me.........mmmmm, I just don't know. I wish we could do one closer to NY, like somewhere between Albany and Rochester. (but hey, I'm only one person......just dreaming.....:))

we could set something up closer to us sometime. i know a few people come out this way once in a while and the syracuse/utica area is about middle of the road for at least all the NY'ers. i have a couple ideas that we could do if anyone was interested, a meet at the zoo in syracuse, they have a cool bird room, or we could do a waterfall run and hit a bunch of the local falls, i know of a few nice ones. we could also try montazuma, but i havent had tons of luck there with anything other than geese.

Orgnoi1
12-29-2007, 10:18 AM
If someone else wants to plan out the mid-NY thing that would be great... Trish and I were discussing it this morning... and we are going to look into something for the spring time for mid-NY to plan...

Pegdragger
12-29-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't know the first thing about shooting macro, but I would be interested if my schedule permits.

Orgnoi1
12-29-2007, 10:49 AM
A lot of people shoot there without shooting macro... you will do fine with the gear you have... or if you want to get an inexpensive macro set up... a 50/1.8 and a 20mm extension tube will be incredible...

KDN
12-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey, who's the new girl :confused:

oh its KDN... Hi ya K!! :D
where ya been!

Well I couldn't take all the smart a$$ Zacker remarks anymore so I skipped town :P

In all seriousness I've just been hanging around, doing stuff around the house, my oldest is in pre-K so we've been busy... tis life I suppose :rolleyes: Hopefully I'll be able to make some time to pick up the camera soon though.

nvr2low
12-29-2007, 12:47 PM
If someone else wants to plan out the mid-NY thing that would be great... Trish and I were discussing it this morning... and we are going to look into something for the spring time for mid-NY to plan...

im sure i can plan something out in the syracuse area if people want to come here, i will just need some input on what kind of shoot every one wants to do.

twoshadows
12-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I wanna go, but we need a date (or do we have one and I missed it?).

Orgnoi1
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
No day set yet... but we will soon... I have to call and see what days are available...

twoshadows
12-29-2007, 02:09 PM
No day set yet... but we will soon... I have to call and see what days are available...

Great! :thumb

J.W.
01-25-2008, 09:28 AM
bump.

im 99.9% in. :)

LeeF
05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
If you are in Middlesex county and want to shoot butterflies, you can go to the Butterfly Place http://www.butterflyplace-ma.com/ in Westford. It's a short hop off of Rt 3 near Tyngsboro.

It's about 3100 sq ft but set up wondefully. The best time to go is whenthe weather is hot and clear. That's when the butterflies are the most active.

Enjoy.

Orgnoi1
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Looks REAL nice inside... but quite a hike from here for sure...

convergent
05-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I'd love to, but being down in NC now it would be extremely unlikely that I could go. :(

ChrisG
05-21-2008, 09:03 AM
i never realized there was anything like that in westford