PDA

View Full Version : Got my Light, now what??

MrsCL
12-27-2007, 06:11 PM
:D Well I got my B800 studio Flash (alien bees), 10 Ft GP stand, 48" White/Black Umbrella, 22" Pan Reflector with sock ( didnt realize it didnt come with a stand :doh ), Radio flash Trigger and receiver ( cant figure out how to hook it up to my camera), Light carry bag..........Now how to use it.....ugh! :dunno

zacker
12-27-2007, 09:08 PM
google the strobist and read his blog.. its mostly to do with small flashes but it will work for any flash!! youll learn much and see many!

StudioCMC
12-27-2007, 11:15 PM
:D Well I got my B800 studio Flash (alien bees), 10 Ft GP stand, 48" White/Black Umbrella, 22" Pan Reflector with sock ( didnt realize it didnt come with a stand :doh ), Radio flash Trigger and receiver ( cant figure out how to hook it up to my camera), Light carry bag..........Now how to use it.....ugh! :dunno

You are too funny... No manuals?

Ok Whats the 10 Ft GP stand?

The Stand is the: LS3050 10-foot General Purpose Stand

This is the base of the to which the light screws onto the silver plug at the end. There is a screw that is mounted into the hole slot. Unscrew the little scew just enough to allow it to fit onto the light stand. Then once the light slides onto the stand tighten the screw up snug, so that the light is stable on the stand.

Once thats done, Remove the cover from the light, and mount the Beauty Dish where the cover was at. Be carefull not to break any bulbs, and dont touch the half circle strobe lights with your hands.

There should be 4 little thumb screws on the light cover place the beauty dish on, and tighten them up one at a time. Make sure the dish is secure to the light.

Place the rounded loop over the Lightbulb, it simply slips on and hangs onto the lightbulb its self.

Unscrew the butterfly and place the metal plate onto the lighbulb clip. and then put the screw back on it.

( Take a picture of your stuff, and I will show you what to do if you truly need help to assemble it)

Once thats done, slip the sock over the 22" opening of the beauty dish.

The sock IS optional.

Open the transmitter box, and plug the reciver (with the red button) into the 120V AC cord slot. Place the small plug with the large adapeter into the trigger socket on the back of the strobe, (it might have a small plug slot, if thats the case you dont need the big plug connector)

Now gather up the power cord, and plug the one end into the Reciver, and the other into the wall socket.

Turn the strobe on, and switch the modeling light to the MODEL position.

Leave the settings on low.

Note that ONLY the light bulb will be on, untill you trigger the strobe to flash.

Pull out the radio transmitter and place it on the shoe of your camera, where the FLASH would mount to it. It simply slips on.

You can adjust the reciver to work on a diffrent channel by moving the switches to the various on off combinations. Or you can leave them alone.

With the Strobe on, PRESS AND HOLD THE RED BUTTON DOWN on the RECIVER. (It should have a small green LED light next to it)

WHILE THAT BUTTON IS PRESSED DOWN, PRESS the BLACK BUTTON on top of the Transmitter, on the camera. This is how you program the channel to the reciver to listen for the signal.

Once you pressed both, the strobe will be ready, Hit the Black button one time and you will see the strobe flash.

Your now ready to go.

Let me know when you get that far..

Chris

StudioCMC
12-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Uh report what you can.. over.. lol

MrsCL
12-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Wow! Ok ok..... jeeze LOL..... I got the light up so far, its been real busy here today. Ok this might be a stupid ? but whats the 22" Reflector for and how do I use it? I dont have a stand for it, so I have to get one.

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/1/7/0/3/DSC_0860.JPG

Uh report what you can.. over.. lol

Orgnoi1
12-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the world of hell... I mean strobe light technology...LOL =)

I wish I could be of ANY help... but I know nuttttthing... =)

oldnavy170
12-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm am soooooooo jealous!!!!!! Not only do you have lighting but you also have lots of space!!!! I can't wait to see how your photos come out now........they are gonna be awesome!!!!!

StudioCMC
12-28-2007, 10:14 PM
MrsCL>

The 22" Dish mounts where the silver dish mounts at. Remove the Umbrella, and then the silver 7" cone.

The screws should be on the back by the light.

Here are some images of my white lightings with the beauty dish on,

http://www.studiocmc.com/lightingsetups/IMG_1014.JPG

Here is a front view of how the light sticks through the ring, and the plate that defuses the light.

http://www.studiocmc.com/lightingsetups/IMG_1016.JPG

And another.. Sorta Crappy..

http://www.studiocmc.com/lightingsetups/IMG_1017.JPG

Does this help?

Chris

MrsCL
12-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Ok Got that! Now I cant seem to hook the transmitter to the camera....I got it on but dont know where to hook up the cords.......I know I know DUH!!!

JUMPquick
12-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh man... all that just makes my brain melt down...

MrsCL
12-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Alright I called the company to hook it to my camera and they said I dont need the cord if I have a shoe mount.....so I did that and programed it so I think and When I take the pic it does not auto flash??? Im gonna have to call them again huh?.....anyway heres what I work with.....
http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/1/7/0/3/DSC_0897.JPG

oldnavy170
12-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Its looking good, I can't wait to see some photos........its gonna be a fun new year for you. ;)

StudioCMC
12-31-2007, 08:18 PM
The transmitter & Reciver

Push and HOLD the red button on the reciver. Now press the BLACK button on the transmitter. Then release them.

Now push the BLACK button, and that will trigger the strobe.

Slide the Transmitter onto the cameras FLASH shoe.

I think Nikons have a little plastic cap that needs to come out of the shoe.

Then slide the transmitter into the shoe.

Take picture, when you do it will stobe.

Using the image above, put the Strobe in the same spot as the Tripod.

Setup subject, set power meter On the strobe to its lowest settings. Set the camera up to ISO 200, F5.6, and 1/60 shutter speed, Set Auto White Balance to Daylight or Tungsten mode. Take picture and then report back..

LOL

Chris

MrsCL
01-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Will do....over.....LOL!!!!!

The transmitter & Reciver

Push and HOLD the red button on the reciver. Now press the BLACK button on the transmitter. Then release them.

Now push the BLACK button, and that will trigger the strobe.

Slide the Transmitter onto the cameras FLASH shoe.

I think Nikons have a little plastic cap that needs to come out of the shoe.

Then slide the transmitter into the shoe.

Take picture, when you do it will stobe.

Using the image above, put the Strobe in the same spot as the Tripod.

Setup subject, set power meter On the strobe to its lowest settings. Set the camera up to ISO 200, F5.6, and 1/60 shutter speed, Set Auto White Balance to Daylight or Tungsten mode. Take picture and then report back..

LOL

Chris

StudioCMC
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
*Cough Cough* ?

MrsCL
01-05-2008, 04:34 PM
LOL SORRY!!!!!

Heres a new spot for my studio ( less furniture to move and no window on the side)

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/1/7/0/3/DSC_0775resize.jpg

Heres a pic edited
http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/1/7/0/3/DSC_07892.jpg

Posting a different thread with the rest of pics

*Cough Cough* ?