PDA

View Full Version : Foggy headlight

JustinL
12-26-2007, 02:11 PM
What should I do to get rid of the grime in the passenger's side headlamp/reflector? I tried converting to B&W to get rid of it, but that highlights the lines even more.
:Hammer

http://libanophotos.com/hazey/wtf_light.jpg

nvr2low
12-26-2007, 02:12 PM
tell your friend to buy one of those buffer things that goes on a drill and clean up his headlight, i think its the flitz one that works really well.

Irishpub3
12-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I would try cloning to clean it up a little... I played with it a bit and it came out ok... I'll post it up and show you - but only if it's ok with you Justin...

JustinL
12-26-2007, 03:20 PM
yea, I forgot to mention it's okay to post up your own version if you'd like.

Derric, I'd love to tell him to buff it, but as it stands now I just want to remove that in post processing.

zacker
12-26-2007, 04:07 PM
is it that grungy looking in real life?? or is it a trick of the shadow? id copy the good one, invert it and paste it in..

Irishpub3
12-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Here's the cloning I did on the passenger side headlight area...

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/4/5/wtf_light.jpg

Irishpub3
12-26-2007, 04:54 PM
In this second try... I cloned the front of the car up a little more, and added a touch of contrast to see if deepening the color would hide some of the cars imperfections... I think it gave the car a little bit cleaner look... ??

http://www.northeastfoto.com/gallery/files/4/5/wtf_lightEDITED2.jpg

oldnavy170
12-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Wow Trish, you really made it look good. Good job!

zacker
12-26-2007, 09:06 PM
good job T.

JustinL
12-26-2007, 10:42 PM
dang that looked like a lot of time

so just clone stamp x 10000 times?

Irishpub3
12-27-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure if it's called "clone stamp" ...that might be something different? ...I used the cloning tool in PSP8 and just used the colors from the driver side headlight to clone the passenger side headlight... and yea, it takes a little bit of time to play around with it and you have to zoom in super close and use the cloning tool quite a few times to get all the spots... but it doesnt take an obnoxious amount of time, it took me probably about 30 minutes to touch it up...

PSP8
-Zoom in real close to the spot you want to clone
-Click on "Clone" tool
-Right click on the area of the color that you want to use
-And then left click in the area that you want to cover up with the new color and it will clone out a small area at a time (depending on the the "size" you're using"
-There should be a sizing option in the menu bar at the top somewhere (it shows up once you open the cloning tool). You can size/clone anywhere from 1 (super tiny) up to 500 (huge)
For this shot, I used around 10 - 15 - 20 range and cloned a few times to get it all
-It will take some playing around with to get used to it, and to learn how to clone around the edges of things and such - like coloring within the lines LOL or you'll smudge the edges and it will look funny

nvr2low
12-27-2007, 08:44 AM
instead of cloning you could try using a layer from the other headlight then blending the edges where it doesnt fit perfectly. usually i will just use the laso tool and box the area i want to change, then drag that over to the good headlight, copy to new layer, then bring it back and paste it in its original position. then blend it so it looks right.

zacker
12-27-2007, 09:03 AM
re shoot the photo....lol

its prolly easier.

JustinL
12-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Thank's derric!

re shoot the photo....lol

its prolly easier.

You're so lazy:D
(And I agree with you!)LOL